Wanted: small steel training frame + winter bike parts

David B

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Hi all,

I'm currently on the lookout for a cheapish 49cm (c-c) old-school (i.e. threaded headset, standard diameter tubing) steel frame and fork that will take mudguards, to build up as a commuter bike for my girlfriend - must be in good nick with tidy paintwork and no history of crashes. Should also have a reach in proportion to the seat tube size (52cm c-c top tube, maybe??), 2 x bottle bosses, 2 x d/t lever bosses and capable of taking a 130mm OLN rear hub. Extra stuff like headset or seat pillar thrown in would be a bonus. Already have a band-on front mech which rules out a frame with a braze-on f/mech boss. I travel around a fair bit at weekends so can view/buy in person local to Leeds, Wolverhampton or Canterbury over the next few weeks.
Also looking for a couple of long-arm rear mechs, one to suit the 8sp wheel (Shimano-pattern cassette & indexing) for the above project, and another for my own winter/hack bike, which has Shimano 6sp indexing; my bike might also benefit from a proper braze-on triple mech (currently bodged it with double mech but change isn't as slick as it could be) if anyone has a cheap one surplus to requirements. Happy to purchase these by post rather than in person. If you have any stuff cluttering up the shed/garage that might fit the bill for the above, drop me a line at deb107(underscore)york(at)btinternet(dot)com.

David

STX chainset, 170mm cranks, scruffy but honest! £12 posted
1 1/8" no name head set, Hsin Lung type thing. Came with a frame I bought, was removed whilst still new and just poped in a drawer. £7 posted.
1 1/8" forks, new uncut, Tange big fork style, Emmelle I think. £12 posted

Let me know if you are interested.

Latest posts

Back