Blue Blue, like dia compe blue, stuff

cce

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
right, after getting a bit defeatist earlier, i've bucked my ideas up, and decided something that i'd let irritate me is in actual fact an opportunity to create something semi-unique.

i'm after interesting ano bits in the deep blue that dia compe used - the only things i've been able to confirm came in this colour are

dia-compe stuff (some 986 or 987 cantis would be nice)
Ringle Zookas (lovely as they are, they're not really in the spirit of what i'm going for, so no ta
Cook Bros cranks (as ringle)

i know a2z are making a few bits (QRs, chainring bolts etc) in this colour now

i've stuck on a pic of the NOS dia-compe levers i picked up for colour reference.

Attachments

• 5266_1.jpg
    5266_1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 1,912
Yep, X lite blue is about the same - nice, darker blue; one of my bikes has chicken stix, camlok QRs, bar ends, cranks bolts. USE seatpin is the same, as are TA chainrings and cassette (yep, you guessed, it has those too). I also have FSA Sidewinder cranks (now called PowerPro) and they are dark blue as well, as are some Tektro canti's I have. Tioga stuff such as stems and pedals are also non-turquoise, as are many Sakae, Sugino and Suntour BMX parts which can readily be used (hubs, headlocks, cranks, etc).
Hope that's of some use in your searching.

I just bought NOS X-lite bar bungs from drapoon, but they are darker blue than the rest of my x-lite bits so don't match. £8.50 posted.

I could be lurred away from my NOS set of 987's in blue if the price was right.
I'd need to get something equally as bling, but I'm not desperate that it's blue.

I also have a set of SS7 levers, also NOS and blue.

Mike.

i'm watching some 986 at the mo, but if they slip my fingers, maybe we can talk.

Back