1996 Judy XC MCUs

random_dave_1

Retro Guru
Hi, my 1996 Judy XCs are suffering from knackered elastomers but I'm loathe to replace them as my frame is Judy gold to match the forks. Does anybody have any replacement MCUs or speed springs or the like for sale? If not, any advice on where to find spare parts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Should be able to find springs on ebay, try ebay.com as there seems to be more on there? Measure the width and length of your elastomer stack and look for springs the same size - ask the seller to measure if it's not in the listing, a spring is a spring so even if it's not for your model should still work ok if it's the right size the only thing is if you want soft. medium or hard?

Also, someone on here has new elastomers to sell - Slim, I think? - can cut to size, try contacting him?

:)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
random_dave_1":cs9tvswh said:
Hi, my 1996 Judy XCs are suffering from knackered elastomers but I'm loathe to replace them as my frame is Judy gold to match the forks. Does anybody have any replacement MCUs or speed springs or the like for sale? If not, any advice on where to find spare parts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Welcome! If you end up with an embarrasment of offers, pass the excess my way! I know I need some but I haven't plucked up the courage to take them apart yet!

The problem I have is that the blue elastomers have crumbled so I can't measure them! If anyone knows what size springs I need I'd be grateful for the info!

random_dave_1":2pg91bhs said:
I can't measure them!

Easy, just remove the elastomers or any remains of, extend the fork and put something in there to measure the depth - something like a bit of copper pipe? - mark it, measure it - from what I can remember the elastomer stack or spring was always a bit longer/higher than the top of the stanchion, 5-10mm maybe?

If you get springs remember to make sure they will fit into the top cap part? If you get elastomers and need to cut down and have those black plastic spacers inbetween small lenghths, remember to account for these too?

:)

Back