Deore LX SL-M569 shifter (1997) - front - wanted for spares

rossthebossX

Dirt Disciple
Hi.
I have a GT Karakoram (1997).

The plastic cover on the underside of my left-hand (front) shifter is breaking/broken. If anyone has a shifter (working or not) for sale...

Or any ideas of something compatible. Ideally, i'd like to keep these shifters as they're pretty cool. I'm missing the little plastic 'window' too.

It's in the 1997 Shimano catalogue on RetroBike.

Many thanks.

Attachments

• deore.jpg
    deore.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 2,458
  • deore.jpg
    deore.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 2,458
might have something for you. i'll have a look and let you know by the weekend. got a spare working-ish set, but one is missing the underside cover - cant remember which one and its not with me right now :)

development_cycle":1akuymo1 said:
I have one of these that seems cosmetically good but doesn't shift properly, could be ideal. PM me.

i could probably fix that for you.....:)

twain":23nw90k8 said:
development_cycle":23nw90k8 said:
I have one of these that seems cosmetically good but doesn't shift properly, could be ideal. PM me.

i could probably fix that for you.....:)

That's what I thought, had it appart but nothing obvious. I've had M739/M740's appart before and repaired them but it seems lots of Shimanos shifters are completely different inside.

what seems to be the problem exactly?
EDIT: probs best to PM me, dont want to hijack the thread!!!

Ross, do you still need this buddy? Want to know if I can delete my PM's or not and if I should be throwing it in for free with a full working set as spares. Cheers

Sorry for the delay...

Hi...sorry, DEVELOPMENT CYCLE... couldn't log in for some reason. I do still need the cover for the left (3 speed/front) shifter. Are you in the UK? I'm in (east) London.

Thanks for all of your help.

r

Back