Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:27 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

Post subject: Old or ti Konas
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:11 pm 
Retro Guru

Looking for a King Kahuna in 17" and good condition. Also 88-89 Explosifs or Lava Domes 16-18" in reasonably good condition with original forks. Early 90's Konas could also be of interest. And if there are any ti project 2 forks out there...

Post subject: Re: Old or ti Konas
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:09 am 
Retro Guru

Kona Paul wrote:
...And if there are any ti project 2 forks out there...

get in line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:17 am 
Retro Guru

Ha ha...for sure, Dookie! :D I'm sure if they appear there will be a battle on ebay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:55 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Kona Paul wrote:
Ha ha...for sure, Dookie! :D I'm sure if they appear there will be a battle on ebay.

last 1s in UK a few months back only made £200odd..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:47 pm 
Retro Guru

Got a 95/96 I think :? I'll have to check :) Kona kilauea almost mint steel frame the one with the satin blue paint and grey p2 forks, no idea what its worth though :?:

Also got an 18" Hei Hei in mint unused condition think thats about 1999 not sure though :? which is probably for sale, haven't decided whether to sell that or my DeKerf yet, depends what its worth I suppose :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:18 pm 
Retro Guru

Hey Jones, I already have a King Kahuna and a Score now, so only looking for a Score for my friend...I need to update. Profile Fatface has been looking for an 18 or 19" Hei Hei or King Kahuna for a while, so you should write to him for sure. I believe the 99 has yellow decals. It doesn't much matter but if you can send a pic I can probabaly give you the year. Mint, unused condition will increase the value, but it depends mostly on what people are willing to pay. I would say no less than 1000 USD, maybe even a little more. If it doesn't work with Fatface, you can try ebay with a reserve price (lowest possible bid you will take) of 1000 and see how it goes. The value I'm suggesting might be a little high though, as the King Kahunas tend to go for a little more because they are harder to come by (only made for 4 years, plus bi-oval tubing and slightly beefed up with gussets=more titanium and more $$$) As for the older konas, I'm looking for a little older...preferably 80's. Thanks for writing. I hope you can work something out with the Hei Hei if you decide to sell it.

Paul

Last edited by Kona Paul on Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:28 pm 
Retro Guru

And hello again Jones...just talked to my bike shop friend. He says 1000 might be a bit high for a Hei Hei, as there are quite a few around, but condition and what someone is willing to pay is always a deciding factor. Just thought I'd pass it on so I don't get your hopes too high. So you might get that, but shouldn't expect it necessarily. Sorry for any confusion. He guessed at between "800-900 US realistically, with the possibilty of more." Hope it gives you an idea of worth at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:47 pm 
Old School Hero

Jones - let me know if you decide to let the Hei Hei go.
ff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:07 pm 
Retro Guru

Reckon I'm gonna have to let my 1990 Fire Mountain go as I'm throwing money at something that's sadly a little too big for me - measures 16.5" centre to top. Happy to sell complete or split f/f and parts. Pics here - http://mamadirt.fotopic.net/c1321211.html. Mail me if you're interested - mamaDOTdirtATntlworldDOTcom

Cheers :>)