Grafton (?) thumbie mounts

rutteger

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Dyna-Tech Fan
Dunno if these were ever available retail but I'm after the mounts which allow 8 speed XT thumbies to be attached to M900 XTR brake levers.

John,

Saw a set of these go on Ebay a couple months back for over 200 bucks!

good luck finding a set that a working man can afford :?

rody

Hmm... As far as I remember Grafton had hardware that mounted to the XTR shifters enabling you to run any brake lever.

There was a small hardware piece available for the XT STI integrated brake/shit-combo enabling you to mount the XT thumbshifter directly to the brake lever, but that was only XT and not made by Grafton.

I suspect the easiest solution is to buy a broken XTR shifter/brake lever and just hacksaw the tab holding the shifter unit off. I want to do that if I find the XT STI shifter/brake lever with the window.

At least it existed :D

Picked up a set of XTR levers for peanuts. Want to stick them on the Yo. Think I might go down the hacksaw route rather than spend 200 dollars !

Perches

Grafton did in fact make such a thing... I have a set in black got them off ebay about a year ago, about £70 I think at the time. Scant also has a set...

yeh, I've got a few sets of em. 200bucks is mad for what they are. Always surprised me that given graftons rep, they're actually pretty heavy! I've seen the thumbie specific 1s make a lot less £$ than the rapidfire 1s.

scant":u5wwzgp4 said:
yeh, I've got a few sets of em. 200bucks is mad for what they are. Always surprised me that given graftons rep, they're actually pretty heavy! I've seen the thumbie specific 1s make a lot less £$ than the rapidfire 1s.

Any of them you aren't using ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Slim,

cheers for the heads up.

The things I was after allow you to mount 8 speed XT thumbies onto M900 XTR brake lever / STIs. Sound like I'm looking for rocking horse s*** :?

Back