Sorted WTD : Rock Shox Mag 21 first gen or Mag 21 SL Ti....

freddok

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi All RetroBikers,

I'm after a Mag 21 or Mag 21 SL Ti for my 94' GT RTS build. I'm more on a good working condition fork (holding air/good stanchions) than shiny cosmetically (but if I can have the two...).
Ideally a SL Ti would be great as my frame is a Team but I would content myself with a 21. I'm just more looking for a first gen model to be more period correct.

If you've one of these at the back of your garage and has no plan for it or use, thanks to let me know with some pics and your price shipped to France...

Thanks All for reading.

Re:

You'll want the 1994 model (since it's a 1994 bike and well the SLTi was 1994.
Basically if the MAG has gold aluminium stanchions, you have the 1994 model.
(this would be a 3rd (but really 4th) gen model.).

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":7yn36bfj said:

Thanks Fluffy for yours infos. Correct me if I'm wrong, 94' model : gold stanchions and black brace...

freddok":1l3jgw9k said:
FluffyChicken":1l3jgw9k said:

Thanks Fluffy for yours infos. Correct me if I'm wrong, 94' model : gold stanchions and black brace...

It does (or silver for the SL brace which probably has tatty lower in a shiner or greener peeling gold)
Just so you know the SL is the same as the 1994 normal fork, just has the SL brace (magnesium, more flexy but lighter, also found on the Quadra 21R in bright yellow iirc) and *most* importantly the SL steerer and crown so this will be ahead and aluminium steerer (which is the bit you are paying for with SL really.)
A few Ti bolt for the Ti part.

FluffyChicken":2l64hv6x said:
It does (or silver for the SL brace which probably has tatty lower in a shiner or greener peeling gold)
Just so you know the SL is the same as the 1994 normal fork, just has the SL brace (magnesium, more flexy but lighter, also found on the Quadra 21R in bright yellow iirc) and *most* importantly the SL steerer and crown so this will be ahead and aluminium steerer (which is the bit you are paying for with SL really.)
A few Ti bolt for the Ti part.

I know that. To be honest, I don't really have the need, envy or the money to burn for some Ti bolts and alloy parts, especially if it's more flexy. It's more if I can have a nice opportunity and to be a little more conform at the model. On other hands I can go with a Judy who's just one year later model but I'm unsure.

Rock Shox Mag 21 first gen or Mag 21 SL Ti.... SOLVED

Found a cool Mag 21 on DE Ebay local for 55€ today...

Back