Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:38 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:47 pm 
Retro Guru

Hi all.

Been thinking about building a 2nd 'O' for sometime now....and its time to get a wanted ad up. I'm expecting this to be a slow burner as they don't come up in 17" sizes very often. To make it even more difficult for myself :facepalm: .....I'm specifically after a Gen 1 or Gen 2 frame.

The versions are -

GEN 1 -
Frame numbers start A9102
Single riveted cable guides for rear brake on top tube. Cable guides for gears on downtube. Non- replaceable rear mech hanger. 17 " chainstays with bridge

~or~

GEN 2 -
Frame numbers start A106
Single welded cable guides for rear brake on top tube. Cable guides for gears on downtube. Non- replaceable rear mech hanger. 17 " chainstays with bridge

Ideally frame and fork but will consider complete bikes.

Thanks in advance.
boy"O"boy

Last edited by boy"O"boy on Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:50 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Shame you didn’t mention this earlier mate as the 17” that finished on eBay today, or yesterday was not far from me and I would have collected. Might have been a later one though?

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:58 pm 
Retro Guru

brocklanders023 wrote:
Shame you didn’t mention this earlier mate as the 17” that finished on eBay today, or yesterday was not far from me and I would have collected. Might have been a later one though?

Thanks Ed.
Didn't see it.....you got a link even though it's ended? Got notifications set to notify me when they come up but this one must have slipped through :?
I'm expecting a long wait given how specific the one I want is. Just my luck if I finally get round to posting a wanted ad and miss the ideal candidate by 1 day! :| :facepalm:

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:58 pm 
Retro Guru

boy"O"boy wrote:
brocklanders023 wrote:

Thanks Ed.
Didn't see it.....you got a link even though it's ended? Got notifications set to notify me when they come up but this one must have slipped through :?
I'm expecting a long wait given how specific the one I want is. Just my luck if I finally get round to posting a wanted ad and miss the ideal candidate by 1 day! :| :facepalm:

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

The eBay one that finished today ! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184616810251
It was one of the purple anno jobs so assume a late one, I was gonna have a nibble for the Mrs !! but forgot whist re-roofing my workshop !!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:59 am 
Retro Guru

clockwork davo wrote:
boy"O"boy wrote:
brocklanders023 wrote:

Thanks Ed.

boy"O"boy

The eBay one that finished today ! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184616810251
It was one of the purple anno jobs so assume a late one, I was gonna have a nibble for the Mrs !! but forgot whist re-roofing my workshop !!

Cheers Davo. Thanks for the link.
Yep. That's a 4th Gen (breathes a sigh of relief :wink:) - no chainstay bridge, welded top tube 'triple' cable guides, replaceable mech hanger and the purple colour.

Good luck with the roof! - since the last lockdown, I'd got all my jobs done so I'm in the fortunate position to build bikes in the mancave, hence my reignited interest in building a 2nd 'O' :wink:

Easy to miss that eBay ad though with the description 'Mountain bike'!! :lol:

boy"O"boy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:08 pm 
Retro Guru

Boy O Boy

Shed’s done and watertight :roll: only home school in the way now !!

I’m also on the hunt for a 19” O to do a orange fade build on (happy to paint) so if you find a 19” whist searching please gimme a shout :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:49 pm 
Retro Guru

boy"O"boy wrote:
brocklanders023 wrote:

Thanks Ed.

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

The one Ed mentioned was a later O, if it was the one based in Todmorden West Yorkshire.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:52 pm 
Retro Guru

cant believe I gave away a first batch 17 inch O, you could of had it if I knew. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:54 pm 
Retro Guru

clockwork davo wrote:
Boy O Boy

Shed’s done and watertight :roll: only home school in the way now !!

I’m also on the hunt for a 19” O to do a orange fade build on (happy to paint) so if you find a 19” whist searching please gimme a shout :wink:

Will do. Cheers Davo.

Cheshire1980 wrote:
cant believe I gave away a first batch 17 inch O, you could of had it if I knew. :(

Cheers Calum

If it's the same one as here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=410864&hilit=Orange+aluminium+O it's in good hands with stoney_god1975

Only thought about it during the last lockdown when experimenting with my 'O' and that one had already found a home.....shame. probably was a couple of months too late but it wasn't on the radar at the time. Expecting a long haul wait for one of these but thought I'd get the ad out there now.

Cheers all.
Keep your eyes peeled for anything.

boy"O"boy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:27 pm 
Retro Guru

yes thats the one, although I did not give it to stoney god1975, I gave to some of other chap who must of passed it on..