Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:38 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules


**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:47 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:45 pm
Posts: 1394
Location: Leicestershire
Hi all.

Been thinking about building a 2nd 'O' for sometime now....and its time to get a wanted ad up. I'm expecting this to be a slow burner as they don't come up in 17" sizes very often. To make it even more difficult for myself :facepalm: .....I'm specifically after a Gen 1 or Gen 2 frame.

The versions are -

GEN 1 -
Frame numbers start A9102
Single riveted cable guides for rear brake on top tube. Cable guides for gears on downtube. Non- replaceable rear mech hanger. 17 " chainstays with bridge

~or~

GEN 2 -
Frame numbers start A106
Single welded cable guides for rear brake on top tube. Cable guides for gears on downtube. Non- replaceable rear mech hanger. 17 " chainstays with bridge

Ideally frame and fork but will consider complete bikes.

Thanks in advance.
boy"O"boy


Last edited by boy"O"boy on Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:50 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:13 pm
Posts: 11995
Location: Skipton
Shame you didn’t mention this earlier mate as the 17” that finished on eBay today, or yesterday was not far from me and I would have collected. Might have been a later one though?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:58 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:45 pm
Posts: 1394
Location: Leicestershire
brocklanders023 wrote:
Shame you didn’t mention this earlier mate as the 17” that finished on eBay today, or yesterday was not far from me and I would have collected. Might have been a later one though?


Thanks Ed.
Didn't see it.....you got a link even though it's ended? Got notifications set to notify me when they come up but this one must have slipped through :?
I'm expecting a long wait given how specific the one I want is. Just my luck if I finally get round to posting a wanted ad and miss the ideal candidate by 1 day! :| :facepalm:

Cheers.
boy"O"boy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:58 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 837
Location: In the shed fettling
boy"O"boy wrote:
brocklanders023 wrote:
Shame you didn’t mention this earlier mate as the 17” that finished on eBay today, or yesterday was not far from me and I would have collected. Might have been a later one though?


Thanks Ed.
Didn't see it.....you got a link even though it's ended? Got notifications set to notify me when they come up but this one must have slipped through :?
I'm expecting a long wait given how specific the one I want is. Just my luck if I finally get round to posting a wanted ad and miss the ideal candidate by 1 day! :| :facepalm:

Cheers.
boy"O"boy


The eBay one that finished today ! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184616810251
It was one of the purple anno jobs so assume a late one, I was gonna have a nibble for the Mrs !! but forgot whist re-roofing my workshop !!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:59 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:45 pm
Posts: 1394
Location: Leicestershire
clockwork davo wrote:
boy"O"boy wrote:
brocklanders023 wrote:
Shame you didn’t mention this earlier mate as the 17” that finished on eBay today, or yesterday was not far from me and I would have collected. Might have been a later one though?


Thanks Ed.
Didn't see it.....you got a link even though it's ended? Got notifications set to notify me when they come up but this one must have slipped through :?
I'm expecting a long wait given how specific the one I want is. Just my luck if I finally get round to posting a wanted ad and miss the ideal candidate by 1 day! :| :facepalm:


boy"O"boy


The eBay one that finished today ! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184616810251
It was one of the purple anno jobs so assume a late one, I was gonna have a nibble for the Mrs !! but forgot whist re-roofing my workshop !!


Cheers Davo. Thanks for the link.
Yep. That's a 4th Gen (breathes a sigh of relief :wink:) - no chainstay bridge, welded top tube 'triple' cable guides, replaceable mech hanger and the purple colour.

Good luck with the roof! - since the last lockdown, I'd got all my jobs done so I'm in the fortunate position to build bikes in the mancave, hence my reignited interest in building a 2nd 'O' :wink:

Easy to miss that eBay ad though with the description 'Mountain bike'!! :lol:



boy"O"boy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:08 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 837
Location: In the shed fettling
Boy O Boy

Shed’s done and watertight :roll: only home school in the way now !!

I’m also on the hunt for a 19” O to do a orange fade build on (happy to paint) so if you find a 19” whist searching please gimme a shout :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:49 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 11:56 pm
Posts: 2080
Location: Brixham South Devon
boy"O"boy wrote:
brocklanders023 wrote:
Shame you didn’t mention this earlier mate as the 17” that finished on eBay today, or yesterday was not far from me and I would have collected. Might have been a later one though?


Thanks Ed.
Didn't see it.....you got a link even though it's ended? Got notifications set to notify me when they come up but this one must have slipped through :?
I'm expecting a long wait given how specific the one I want is. Just my luck if I finally get round to posting a wanted ad and miss the ideal candidate by 1 day! :| :facepalm:

Cheers.
boy"O"boy



The one Ed mentioned was a later O, if it was the one based in Todmorden West Yorkshire.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:52 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 11:56 pm
Posts: 2080
Location: Brixham South Devon
cant believe I gave away a first batch 17 inch O, you could of had it if I knew. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:54 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:45 pm
Posts: 1394
Location: Leicestershire
clockwork davo wrote:
Boy O Boy

Shed’s done and watertight :roll: only home school in the way now !!

I’m also on the hunt for a 19” O to do a orange fade build on (happy to paint) so if you find a 19” whist searching please gimme a shout :wink:


Will do. Cheers Davo.

Cheshire1980 wrote:
cant believe I gave away a first batch 17 inch O, you could of had it if I knew. :(


Cheers Calum

If it's the same one as here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=410864&hilit=Orange+aluminium+O it's in good hands with stoney_god1975

Only thought about it during the last lockdown when experimenting with my 'O' and that one had already found a home.....shame. probably was a couple of months too late but it wasn't on the radar at the time. Expecting a long haul wait for one of these but thought I'd get the ad out there now.

Cheers all.
Keep your eyes peeled for anything.

boy"O"boy


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:27 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 11:56 pm
Posts: 2080
Location: Brixham South Devon
yes thats the one, although I did not give it to stoney god1975, I gave to some of other chap who must of passed it on..


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 37 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2021 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group