Size L/XL steel frame for touring

oliverrr

Dirt Disciple
Hello!

I’m looking for a steel frame that I can use to start building a bike that will classify under somewhere between adventure, bikepacking and monstercross. I’ve had no luck this far on my local Marketplace or sales portals. It’s starting to seem impossible to find a frame for my size... I started frequently check Ebay but there’s nothing for my size also (that’s also within my budget).

-The frame should fit a 6’1 guy. Probably the frame should be somewhere between L and XL.

-I plan to use the bike for its intended purpose to take a small beating and I’m not the lightest guy so I’d be happy if the frame wasn’t made out of the cheapest steel but please nothing too fancy.

I’m located in Estonia and my budget is somewhere around 100-130€ but that’s not carved into stone. Ideally I would get a decent frame for my size for as less money as possible:) All other offers are also welcome. I’m willing to help as much as possible regarding shipping.

Best regards!

Hello

I have a big frame, Mercier (french brand), in Tange steel

4hcq.png

only the frame remains (with the seatpost) : all the other parts are unavailable
30 euros + shipping
(the shipping will be most expensive than the frame, I'm afraid)

cheers

fearfactoryüberalles":1rxsk85r said:
Hi,
check the Centurion, Merida frames from this gallery:
https://imgur.com/a/pUAVIE6

or this one:
https://imgur.com/a/tOkoC69

Cheers,
Endre

Nice frames you got there! From which you mentioned, I really like the Merida frame but I'm not sure if 19" frame is enough for me. I'm 186 cm tall and my inseam is about 90cm. I ride road/fixie frames with 58-60cm size.

nic0":1rxsk85r said:
Hello

I have a big frame, Mercier (french brand), in Tange steel

4hcq.png

only the frame remains (with the seatpost) : all the other parts are unavailable
30 euros + shipping
(the shipping will be most expensive than the frame, I'm afraid)

cheers

Thanks for the offer. Is it possible to specify the frame size?

Re:

Any good buddy. 1 1/8 head tube and 25.4 seatpost

Yours for free as long as you sort the postage your end. More than happy to print an emailed postage label and take it to a post office all boxed up.

It was a nos frame that I built for a "friend" ages ago but he never bothered with it....or said thankyou for that matter......

Over to you buddy

Big thanks to everyone offering here and via pms. I have never had such variety of potential bike frames to choose from that all suit my size.

longun, thank you for the offer. The frame you got on the pictures seems to be perfect for me and in such good shape. I would be interested in the frame but I will have to send you a pm regarding more details a bit later (I'm new to the forums and I lack posts to send pms yet). Is that okay?

Re:

Not a problem buddy, have a wonder and join in u till you hit 30 posts. Make sure they're not just one word responses though haha ;)

Back