Sunn Revolt or Exact? Frameset or bike...

prezza

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Having a mint Sunn Xircuit That I love I’m after their XC race frame/bike from the late 90’s.

I’m pretty sure the Revolt was the team race bike and the Exact was the higher end Ti model???? I’m sure someone will clarify.
And the revolt GP is the one with rear elastomer which I do quite like.

Anyway... giz a shout if you have something I might be after.

I ride medium frames and my Xircuit is 16inches centre Of crank to where top tube leaves seat tube and 18 inches to top of seat tube.

I’ll stick this in the post 97 section too.

Cheers
Andy

They had a steel ànd titanium Exact. At least in 1998 (my brother had both - he was member of tbe sattelite/espoir Sunn team). Revolt came one step lower in the Sunn hiarchy.

I can sell you an 18" 1998 Revolt 2 frame but it's in half-beaterish condition...

prezza":12kozytp said:
I’m pretty sure the Revolt was the team race bike and the Exact was the higher end Ti model???? I’m sure someone will clarify.
And the revolt GP is the one with rear elastomer which I do quite like.

The Exact was the top of the range and team race XC hardtail from 97 onwards, Columbus steel only in 97 then steel or ti frm 98. The Exact was made in France, the Revolt in the far east, but both great frames.
You could get the Flex system on a range of models, e.g. in 98 it was standard on the Total and an option on the Xircuit, Revolt and Exact models. The Revolt GP was a slightly higher spec Revolt. The Flex system was optional on both but the GP was shown with it in the 98 catalogue and the standard Revolt without.

Re:

Thanks mate. You obviously know your carrots from your peas!

Still keeping eyes peeled for a either one in good nick.

Back