WANTED Ringle Slamma Jamma Baseplate

Alu Baba

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
looking for the original baseplate for the Ringle Slamma Jamma headset. Maybe someone has it in the scrap box?

Thanks.

P.S. i borrowed someone's picture from this forum. If the owner wishes, i will of course remove it.

Attachments

• Slamma1.jpg
    Slamma1.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 391
Re:

Danson67 is your man (!)
This awesome dude made these for me in UK and has some more if you need them, 1-1/4 or 1-1.8.
;)
I don't know if he always answers here.

*if not send me a PM

Hello there,

Yes, I made a batch of 1-1/8" Slamma Jamma crown races in stainless steel.

If that's the right size, yours for £18.50 each + postage.

Should fit any other 1-1/8 fancy sealed bearing headsets of the period, too, if anyone else is interested in seeing if they will fit.

All the best,

Attachments

• Crown Races.jpg
    Crown Races.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 351
Re:

They look the biz,can you mill some adapters for pre 2000 I.S. forks so standard I.S. calipers can be used?Im sure theres a few of Z1/Z2 owners on here that would appreciate it,our only options currently are super rare scabby old Formulas or Hopes.

Re:

Sure...can be done easily enough.
Could go to ISO 2000, or straight to post mount for more modern brakes.

Do you have a fork to be measured up, or the original Marz spec?

All the best,

That'll be the Formula standard, not ISO1999, then.

Formula Standard used 4mm bolts on 49mm centres, ISO1999 ran 6mm bolts on 51mm centre.
Both these had the inside face in-line with the internal face of the dropout, like the rear ISO2000 has.
ISO2000 front has a 4mm offset outboard.
(and we moan about modern BB and headset standards...)

John (B3) and Chris (Rampage) have both made Formula to ISO2000 apters over the years.
Here's the thread from back in 2010:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;start=20

They might still have the files and drawings.
Worth a PM.

All the best,

Where does this baseplate go? I have a slamma gamma, but this ring is missing. I suppose this ring is needed to reduce play?

thiva":2ik8usfy said:
Where does this baseplate go? I have a slamma gamma, but this ring is missing. I suppose this ring is needed to reduce play?
Hi, the baseplate goes onto the forks to ensure a smooth connection between the forks and the lower cup (bearings).

Back