7 speed shifters

MarinMartin

Marin Fan
For those who don't know I have a little charity project which helps me with my mental health. Basically I take unwanted bikes, fix them up and then give them away for free to people who need, but can't afford, a bike. It's my way of hopefully helping people the same way cycling helped me and saved my life when it all seemed like I couldn't carry on.

I really need a set of 7 speed shifters if anyone has any lying around. Basically I picked up an old Raleigh M trax (which is a touching shade of pink - I'm guessing it was red at some point) for £3 from a charity shop and have been rebuilding it but this is the last part I need. It came with some very nice Deore LX goodies but for some strange reason despite being a 21 speed it had 9 speed gripshift on :facepalm:

I'm not worried about what the shifters are as I'm giving the bike away (so ideally nothing expensive as I can't afford to lose too much - I try to build bikes for no more than £10 using recycled parts I have as I get no help paying for things, it all comes out of my pocket so have a very small kitty to buy parts with). The type of people I give bikes to are those just getting back on their feet and those who struggle with mental health so they honestly don't care what a bike is, whatever it is, it will help them get their life back on track.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. I'm always looking for parts so anything is appreciated but these shifters are what I really need at the moment more than anything.

Thankyou

Pretty sure I've got some Deore LX STIs and some 7 speed grip shifts kicking around in the garage. I'll dig them out and send you some pix tomorrow so you can see if they're any use? You can have them for nowt as its a good cause ;-)

Probably have some metal brake levers too. Might have some DX ones and certainly have some less exciting than that.

Can you send me your email so I don't have to faff about resizing them for here?

All the best

Andy

Re:

I've got some later 7 speed combo jobs (v-brake) but should be okay as they were on a 92 Marin?! if you the above are no good or if you need a set later on ;)

Re: Re:

MR OX":1n6wfx4n said:
I've got some later 7 speed combo jobs (v-brake) but should be okay as they were on a 92 Marin?! if you the above are no good or if you need a set later on ;)

Hi. Thanks for the offer but I really am looking for just shifters on their own as I want to keep the original deore lx brake levers on there .

KondratievsBike":3pokp383 said:
Pretty sure I've got some Deore LX STIs and some 7 speed grip shifts kicking around in the garage. I'll dig them out and send you some pix tomorrow so you can see if they're any use? You can have them for nowt as its a good cause ;-)

Probably have some metal brake levers too. Might have some DX ones and certainly have some less exciting than that.

Can you send me your email so I don't have to faff about resizing them for here?

All the best

Andy

Hi andy I have sent you a message with my email address. Could you let me know if you didnt get it. Thanks

MarinMartin":y7cstw6n said:
KondratievsBike":y7cstw6n said:

All the best

Andy

Hi andy I have sent you a message with my email address. Could you let me know if you didnt get it. Thanks

Back