Wanted: Hope C2 OPEN Caliper Seals

Aye, I'm wrong! That's a bugger. I resell orings & make other seals but no source for those. I don't think I'd have the tooling to make anything with OD/ID so close together. Hit me with dimensions OD/ID & thickness & I can check.

I have a new
HBSPC41:C2
caliper seal kit complete -C2**

not sure what should be in the pack but there are
2 x round square profile piston seals
1 x rubber cover for bleed nipple
1 x o ring (between the caliper half)

PM if what you need

Re:

Thanks for your reply.
Sadly the kit you mention is for the CLOSED system not mu OPEN system
I require HBSP C41:O2
The seal in C2 are slightly different size and leak badly.

The part number for the seals on there own is HBSP86

Thanks all the same.

rwm1962":lyosppfd said:
Aye, I'm wrong! That's a bugger. I resell orings & make other seals but no source for those. I don't think I'd have the tooling to make anything with OD/ID so close together. Hit me with dimensions OD/ID & thickness & I can check.

The seals are 3mm square cross-section, and look like EPDM material.
The two pistons are 24.95mm and 24.93mm diameter respectively - this would leak with a 25mm ID seal which seems to be the CLOSED C2 seal size.
The old seals are hard to measure as they are 'floppy', but fit snugly over the piston, so are clearly less than 24.93mm ID.

I'd calculate that with the recommended stretch for O-rings of 2-5%, the ID would be a "standard" 24.2mm ID seal - with a tolerance of +/- 0.2mm, this gives 24.0 to 24.4mm which falls in the 2-4% range.

What do you think?

C2 hope is HBSP35 for 25mm piston seals are 25x2x2.4
Open caliper seal is HBSP86, not sure of the size just yet.

Re:

Yes, that's the size (as best I can measure) of the C2 (closed) kit I bought.... fitted my backn brake perfectly,
But OPEN piston is slightly smaller and the seals a larger cross-section... more like 24x3x3
And I agree its HBSP86 I need (or kit HBSPC41:O2)

:(

Back