Pair of M900 Shifters [After eBay Fraud]

jdcXheaknuL658S

Dirt Disciple
Annoyingly, again I need a set of M900 shifters. I purchased a set of M900 Shifters & Mech’s from eBay in August, but the seller has not turned up with the goods, and despite paying through Paypal, apparently I am not covered - I have no idea how. I had got a spare set of Mech’s at the same time, so only need the shifters.

So, $300 USD down the pan, I am now looking for a decent set of M900 XTR shifters. I don’t need brake levers, as I have Magura’s, but will purchase if it’s the only option.

I will need postage to either Australia or UK.

Thanks.

Hi, sorry to hear about that. If however you bought through Ebay then you are covered under their buyer protection, as long as there is not proof of delivery! Paypal is different and requires different criterea to be meet. You should always open an Ebay claim though, its a lot easier.

Re:

Sorry to hear about that. If i recall correctly, ebay gives you 30 days to raise a case, so if you bought them in August, you may have missed that deadline. PayPal has a longer window, so you may be able to go down that route.

Cant help with the parts you need, but good luck with your search.

It’s a PITA. I should be covered in theory, but I think due to the seller not registering the postage sent, that it seems to invalidate the buyer cover. I paid through the approved payment method, in a validated account, etc etc.

Looking at the feedback of the seller, they have done the same thing to someone else, that same week that I purchased. I am with the ebay team as to whether I get $300 odd USD back.

I’ll see what the ebay resolution service does. In the interim, I’ll need to buy some new shifters. So open your M900 stockpiles ;-)

Hi Paypal gives you 180 days to claim (!)
I put 2 requests to Paypal service yet.
1- for a buying on ebay. I paid my items and I sent 2 messages to the seller thru ebay messages.
2- for a buying on Facebook. I paid always all my orders with PP fees, never through F&F options I don't have from where I am...

I put claims to PP services each time I have a problem with seller by sending them some screen captures of my messages to sellers.

I was always get refund from PP.

I have gone through the ebay process this week, and their buyer protections for Australia only protect you if you lodge a claim within 30 days of the expected delivery date.

I have now lodged separately with Paypal, and have been told that the seller has 10 days to respond before an automatic refund is approved. I’ll update accordingly, but thanks for your comments.

jdcXheaknuL658S":28xwyfn2 said:
I have gone through the ebay process this week, and their buyer protections for Australia only protect you if you lodge a claim within 30 days of the expected delivery date.

I have now lodged separately with Paypal, and have been told that the seller has 10 days to respond before an automatic refund is approved. I’ll update accordingly, but thanks for your comments.

Hi, yes ebay and paypal have time limits for claims.

Like you have done, always go through ebay first as if you lose the claim you can then go through paypal as they have now changed the procedure.

Paypal is slightly different than ebay, to win the claim the address the seller sent to needs to be registered with paypal as the delivery address, where as ebay it doesnt. Same as ebay though, the seller needs to provide proof of either a tracked item and delivery or just delivery, even if you did not recieve it, if the item shows as delivered, even if the name and signature of the person who recieved it is not yours, then they will close the case in sellers favour. If you never recieve an item that shows as delivered then you should always ask around your neighbours to see if they recieved it. You can go online to view the name and signature and might even recognise it.

You should always ask the seller for the tracking number so you can see where it was delivered, if they are unwilling to help then point out it is in their best interest as if the parcel is missing then it is them who have to make a claim for a refund from the delivery service, not you.

As with all the above, speed is one of the most important factors, the quicker you chase it up the more chance you will locate it, you usually have the same driver/postman and he will better remember the parcel sooner rather than later.

Anyway, i hope you are able to get it resolved.

Mark

Back