WTD: Rigid fork with 1" threaded steerer FOUND

mynchiboy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I need some of the above forks, but not for myself.. I sold on a Cannondale SM frame today to a very nice chap who was local to me. He was a little uncertain where to source forks, so I thought I would try to help :)

They need to be non suspension corrected (390mm) and have a steerer of around 140mm all in, with sufficient thread to cover a few possible headset options. OEM fork was curved, but I'm sure a straight fork would look okay as well.

Something fairly low in price would be good - I'm not sure how much the fella has to spend, so don't want to frighten him too much just yet!

Anything suitable out there?

Re:

BoyBurning":3kziqr89 said:
What age cannondale is it?

Is it a cantis or ubrake version frame...?

It was a 1991 issue frame, cantis all round. Should have probably mentioned that...

Re:

Ah Ok.

I've got 1" rigid, but it's a U-Brake fork so only really suitable if running the same at the rear.

Re:

BoyBurning":2p59gghs said:
Ah Ok.

I've got 1" rigid, but it's a U-Brake fork so only really suitable if running the same at the rear.

Ahhh, I see, that's a shame. I would probably try it for fun, but doubt he would be so keen...

The search continues!

Re:

I've got an Orange 'super light' aluminium fork floating around that has 1" steerer, will need to measure the length though.

It will need painting or polishing though as the original lacquer was knackered so I started sanding it down but didn't get very far.

Re:

nstarmore":2lerm08t said:
I've got an Orange 'super light' aluminium fork floating around that has 1" steerer, will need to measure the length though.

It will need painting or polishing though as the original lacquer was knackered so I started sanding it down but didn't get very far.

This could be perfect :) Keep me posted once you have measured the steerer. Many thanks!

Back