IMAGE of Dekerf anti-chainsuck plate

TOMAS

Senior Retro Guru
Looking for a used or a good quality photo/image of the Anti-chainsuck plate that came on the DeKerf Team SL from 1998 (or thereabouts)? I imagine souring one will be impossible so will have to look at knocking up my own from an image if anyone has one please?

Tom

From a quick google search.

235133d1171498450-looking-bontrager-anti-chain-suck-plate-chain-plate.jpg

I can take pics from my bike if needed.

They are pretty easy to make, just a hacksaw, drill, ruler and time to do it. If you can wait, I can take mine off my bike, trace and send you a pic in the new year.

donk":1p4zos8l said:
From a quick google search.

235133d1171498450-looking-bontrager-anti-chain-suck-plate-chain-plate.jpg

I can take pics from my bike if needed.

They are pretty easy to make, just a hacksaw, drill, ruler and time to do it. If you can wait, I can take mine off my bike, trace and send you a pic in the new year.

Cheers for that, I think I did come across this picture but under Bontrager Antisuck plate but guess they may well be the same? Ideally I'd love to see an actual 100% DeKerf one if poss :)

Re:

That is from a dekerf, the frame colour gives it away. I also just realized I posted the picture, so it is definitely from a dekerf.

Okay cool thanks, I'm gonna get the cardboard out and make some little templates and have a play about. Should be a doddle. Question is do I use thin gauge stainless around 2mm or thinker alloy at around 5mm...

If you facy making a few up, i would be a happy taker for one... or if you can make a precise drawing I have a machinist that may be able to make them for us.

Re:

I am away for a week or so, when I get back, I will trace and post a pdf with measurements.

i have a couple of anti-chainsuck plates. one is off an RM. i'll have to check, but the other one "might" be off a DeKerf, but i can't remember for sure. :p

of course, you could also try to reach out to Chris DeKerf. he might still have drawings/spec to share, or maybe even be able to provide the actually anti-chainsuck plate as he might still have some around.

Re:

Back from vacation.

Here is a tracing and a picture, along with a few measurements from mine.

Attachments

• chain guard2.jpg
    chain guard2.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 233

Latest posts

Back