mk one

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Hi, not sure if they made a front normal style mech in the 950 group but if anyone has one or even a later 952 etc, they are wanting to sell please pm me.

I am after a 31.8 top pull in GC, might consider a bottom pull if no one has a TP

Cheers

Mark

Re: XTR 950/2 series front mech

Just a heads up, I believe they deffo did a normal style clamp on XTR mech on both M950 and M952 ranges, as I have both (one on a Fuquay build and the other on a DeKerf build), afraid I can't part with either though as took me a long time to find them but will holla if I spot one :)

Here's one for £30 but with obscene postage...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/shimano-xtr- ... :rk:7:pf:0

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOMAS":1v5jiqhl said:
Just a heads up, I believe they deffo did a normal style clamp on XTR mech on both M950 and M952 ranges, as I have both (one on a Fuquay build and the other on a DeKerf build), afraid I can't part with either though as took me a long time to find them but will holla if I spot one :)

I am looking for a normal traditional style front mech, that is a newer top swing style.

Like Ian said, i think they only came in 953 flavour :(

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOMAS":13l29id2 said:

With all due respect, Italian listing is top swing (low clamp), but bottom pull as cable fixing bolt is pointing to the cage.
The Top-route (pull) M950/952 has cable fixing bolt pointing away from the cage. That’s unless Shimano’s EV-FD-M952-1798.pdf is wrong.

Traditional (high clamp/bottom swing) M953 has cable fixing bolt pointing to the cage for Top-route (pull), and away from it for bottom pull (EV-FD-M953-1800.pdf).

My bad to the above! I wrongly assumed you simply wanted one that clamps around the seat tube and not one that bolts directly into the seat tube like Manitou frame or one that fits via the BB. I got seriously confuzzled but glad you now sorted :). Just for ref, my M950 f.mech is lower clamp top pull and my other is infact a M953 top pull high clamp, as everyone has correctly stated :)

TOMAS":3qu7m64l said:
My bad to the above! I wrongly assumed you simply wanted one that clamps around the seat tube and not one that bolts directly into the seat tube like Manitou frame or one that fits via the BB. I got seriously confuzzled but glad you now sorted :). Just for ref, my M950 f.mech is lower clamp top pull and my other is infact a M953 top pull high clamp, as everyone has correctly stated :)

No worries.

I think the first M950 front mech i ever saw when they came out was the bb mounted one. I assumed at the time that all mechs would end up like that :|

Mark

Back