Mag21SL brake arch / Mag21SL

romanrinos

Kona Fan
Looking for the silver magnesium version that came with the SLa if anyone had one up for grabs?

Would also consider a complete fork if someone had one in tip top condition for sale.

Re:

maybe you get better a black or gold one and repaint it
the are all the same just different color

FluffyChicken":23pbfvt3 said:
No the Silver (and yellow) are a magnesium made brake arch compared to the Aluminium iirc, they are lighter.
mine is not alu but magnesium (mag 21 from 1991-1992)
pain in the ass about the black paint on it and from an other 21 also, they break easy

Re:

Hi all, thanks for the responses.

Just looking for a complete Mag21SL in top original condition or the original magnesium brake arch on its own that it came with.

Hi there, so I have Mag 20s on a bike and a set of Mag21SLs on another (the non-Ti versions). Other than colour I cannot tell the difference in the brake arch? I have a couple of sets of old yellow Quadra Rs, would one of these suit? I thought I'd done a lot of reading into the Mag21SLs and was of the opinion it is the same brake arch as the others, the SLs are light due to alloy stations and also different crown? The SL Ti even lighter as it has Ti Bolt and canti stud set on it, but I really did think all the arches were the same?

TOMAS":1765wte3 said:
Hi there, so I have Mag 20s on a bike and a set of Mag21SLs on another (the non-Ti versions). Other than colour I cannot tell the difference in the brake arch? I have a couple of sets of old yellow Quadra Rs, would one of these suit? I thought I'd done a lot of reading into the Mag21SLs and was of the opinion it is the same brake arch as the others, the SLs are light due to alloy stations and also different crown? The SL Ti even lighter as it has Ti Bolt and canti stud set on it, but I really did think all the arches were the same?

It's as Fluff says above; the SL and SL Ti forks have a lighter (magnesium) fork brace than the 'standard' forks.

I know: a) because I've weighed them, and b) because I've had magnesium ones welded to repair them!

Cheers :)

Back