For a Neighbour: Red DX v-brakes and Giant ATX

Re: Re:

idlemind":c5uka7c4 said:
Hahahaha the most unflattering uninteresting pic ever. Thanks for sorting the breaks out for me, the search for the right frame continues. It is just one of them bikes i would of liked to own all them years ago and will sit nicely with the Marin and Specialized in the shed of Doom. If by any chance someone out there has a rear wheel with a black lx hub and grey Mavic D521 i would be interested in that to.Ha philistine you said i would never join

I have a grey Mavic 121 SUP rim on a black LX hub you can have for a tenner plus postage, PM me if interested

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Re:

Minifreak":dvzkxrri said:
idlemind":dvzkxrri said:
Hahahaha the most unflattering uninteresting pic ever. Thanks for sorting the breaks out for me, the search for the right frame continues. It is just one of them bikes i would of liked to own all them years ago and will sit nicely with the Marin and Specialized in the shed of Doom. If by any chance someone out there has a rear wheel with a black lx hub and grey Mavic D521 i would be interested in that to.Ha philistine you said i would never join

I have a grey Mavic 121 SUP rim on a black LX hub you can have for a tenner plus postage, PM me if interested
Thanks for the offer but as i have got older i seem to have developed an ocd about miss matching parts, i know it is bad the other day i noticed one silver and one black furrel on my shifter cables and just had to change them. so i think a 121 and a 521 would just mess with my shui way to much, probably because threw miss guided adventures things got broken and nothing matched on my bikes all them years ago. but thanks again for the offer

Furrel?

maxresdefault.jpg

legrandefromage":30qrm704 said:
Now i thought wee spoke about you sharing your other life with your special friends on the inter web, and how it would not be in your best interests. on a side note you are going to be busy proof reading my posts down to me being cixelsyd and all that

Re:

I have this frameset, any interest?
It’s a bit rough with plenty of scratches and a dent but no structural issues.

Re:

About that wheel....
There's some sets on the ebay for around the 100 mark, more than I'd pay personally but options none the less.

I have an lx rear hub, a grey 521 rim and some spokes that used to be on other examples of the above parts so should be the right length.
the rims a bit scratched but no dents or dings, and the hub spins nicely enough.
if you fancy building it yourself I could probably sort out sending the bits over, or I might even find time to stick it together some time before new year.
let me know if you are interested I'll dig out some details

Re:

Thanks guys both options are a consideration, pending price and how bad A the rim is scratched and B how big a dent and where it is on the frame. they are both a little more work than i was intending on, but would keep me out of the local constabulary's hair for a couple of weeks if you have any pics i would appreciate it.

Back