WTD: PMP cassette lockring tool

mynchiboy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Here's to hoping... I tried the only stockist I could find online and they no longer have any :(

It should be the same as that in the image below...fingers crossed!

Attachments

• pmp_tool-228x228.jpg
    pmp_tool-228x228.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 246
Have you not got a general engineering place near you who could knock something up for you? even better if you have an old one for them to cop off, only really need the pin centers & the internal dimensions, just a thought if your struggling!

Re:

Graham_hkr":1uaq0kvd said:
Have you not got a general engineering place near you who could knock something up for you? even better if you have an old one for them to cop off, only really need the pin centers & the internal dimensions, just a thought if your struggling!

Thanks for the suggestion.I had already considered this, but I don't have any old version of the tool at hand. If I did go down this route I would certainly make a number of them, they're a right pain to source!

The way it's going I will probably make one with a couple of nails and baton of wood, but I like having the correct tools for the job if possible :)

The search continues...

Re:

I had the same problem and also had to improvise

following this thread with interest

very cool hubs

Attachments

• WP_20151211_13_13_43_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151211_13_13_43_Pro.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 185
Re:

How about making something like this with an old socket & a grinder/Dremel :?:

7UrE0Qd.png

Re:

Graham_hkr":1no86q5y said:
How about making something like this with an old socket & a grinder/Dremel :?:

That's not a bad idea! Much better than my wood related solution :LOL:

I might have a go at that when I have a moment. Typically I have some other bike related projects to sort out first, but I'll see what sockets I have lying around...

As it happened I didn't..and the lock ring is still loose :(

I'll have to have another look thinking about it - I'll let you know if I find anything!

Thanks :) I actually managed to loosen the ring using a Park Tool green spanner (SPA-1), but I don't think it was tightened to the recommended 35 nm.

Back