shifter pods by WTB

Re:

In my experience, take offs work much better with downtube shifters than bar end shifters.

Re:

Good point LGF... If bar end shifters won't work properly, it should be possible to grind down the TakeOff plate and either fit a newer thumbshifter version or adapt a plastic Magura type clamp adapter for the old Thumbies - longer bolt needed too I guess) Now that would be cool. Just trying to find a fast 'cheaper' solution for the desperate group all hunting WTB adapters :facepalm:

Pics of what I'm talking about

First pics shows connector base of Paul Component suitable for new style thumbshifter.

Second pic shows Magura plastic old style thumbshifter clamps which should be adaptable with a drill and Dremmel to fit over the TakeOff to allow fitting of XT M730 7speed thumbies.

Third pics shows TakeOff connector base which would need to be ground down and adapted. Maybe it's possible to 'thread' the cable holder piece so you can fit the adjustable barrel adjuster on it...

Just sold my Salsa roller P10/ WTB Spesh bar/stem combo, so will never know. Just thinking aloud :D

Attachments

• IMG_6851.PNG
    IMG_6851.PNG
    58.5 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_6852.PNG
    IMG_6852.PNG
    33.9 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_6853.PNG
    IMG_6853.PNG
    23.3 KB · Views: 521
Personally, I went with DKGs. I'm happy to have them given the likelihood of anyone re-popping multi-mounts successfully.

4U2Kzq.jpg

dcOhr9.jpg

brBngO.jpg

Re:

Those DKGs look great :cool: I have the ‘hard to find’ orphan part of one. Its original WTB and needs to have two broken off pins removed from it - possibly or it might be ok and NOT interfere with the pin base of a thumb shifter, depending on its orientation.. I was hoping to use it as a template to get some repros made but it seems to be easier to get a man on the moon :LOL: Looking to get back what i paid £20 PPG + shipping.

MP

Attachments

• 9334DB41-7F70-4C2F-9851-0D19F286BBAC.jpeg
    9334DB41-7F70-4C2F-9851-0D19F286BBAC.jpeg
    30.3 KB · Views: 355
  • 1CD4CFB3-88CF-4FE1-B092-47083DFA688F.jpeg
    1CD4CFB3-88CF-4FE1-B092-47083DFA688F.jpeg
    26.7 KB · Views: 355
Re:

I’ll take it. We have some 5 axis mills at work and someone in our prototype shop could scene and design one I’m sure. These mills cut PEEK, titanium and aluminum tools for customized cranial implants with much more complex geometry than that shifter mount.

Re:

That’s a result! If you can have any made, I’ll buy a set. I have some command shifters, so can use the bar clamps from those.

Back