Top Cap bung for a 1 1/8” Kona Velocity Stem

Minifreak

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Hey guys, I need a top cap rubber bung for the below stem, the stem bolt sits much lower and I think the cap would originally have just been a rubber/plastic one. Let me know if you have one/a whole stem to sell.

Thanks, Tim

Re:

Hi Tim - the rubber ones are very hard to find but the black 91-92 velocity stems would definitely have been a metal painted cap.

Maybe you can find another stem in a different length/ diameter than you need and substitute over?

Re: Re:

romanrinos":t0wxlkb4 said:
Hi Tim - the rubber ones are very hard to find but the black 91-92 velocity stems would definitely have been a metal painted cap.

Maybe you can find another stem in a different length/ diameter than you need and substitute over?

It’s an odd one this then, definitely has a short quill bolt that sits against a seat inside so requires a bung above and the bike is a 92, possibly swapped at some time?

I’ll look for a complete stem too :D

Re:

Hey there Tim,

Good timing! I was just about to list this stem that I found in the spares bucket, as I've been moving office...

It's a little cosmetically challenged but has the bung and proper wedge, etc. 150mm length.

I was thinking at selling for £8 posted - any good? Pictures below :)

Attachments

• IMG_4588.JPG
    IMG_4588.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_4587.JPG
    IMG_4587.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 419
Re: Re:

mynchiboy":1jjuq2l9 said:
Hey there Tim,

Good timing! I was just about to list this stem that I found in the spares bucket, as I've been moving office...

It's a little cosmetically challenged but has the bung and proper wedge, etc. 150mm length.

I was thinking at selling for £8 posted - any good? Pictures below :)

Sounds perfect, PM coming :)

Back