GT frame 18” aluminium 1996-2000 wanted

gt_lover

Retro Newbie
Hi

GT frame 18” aluminium 1996-2000 wanted. Ovalised tube type. Tidy condition.

Prefer painted, anodised or lacquered finish, but would consider tidy bare aluminium. Anything from list considered:

Tempest
Arrowhead
Backwoods
Pantera
Avalanche
Zaskar

Cheers, Ian.

I have a unknow type of GT frome arround 94 I guess
good condition with some chainsuck marks on it
£50? without shippingscost?

Attachments

• sized_IMG_20180217_165133267.jpg
    sized_IMG_20180217_165133267.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 358
  • sized_IMG_20180217_165312089.jpg
    sized_IMG_20180217_165312089.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 358
Hi OSH. Thanks for the offer, but I’m looking more for a low-maintenance finish like paint/lacquer/anodising as the frame is for my all-year commuter (I’ve got a crack round the bottom of the seat tube/bottom braccket junction on an 18” factory lacquered 1998 Backwoods frame - bullet-proof finish). But if nothing else comes along soon, I’ll give you a shout as not sure how much longer my frame will last. Cheers, Ian.

Hi. I require just a frame. I have to swap all the components over from my commuter frame (18" Backwoods) that has cracked. I bought this frame second hand off eBay in 2003, so has many, many miles on it. That's why I want another GT frame - they're so well-made!

Re:

Hi. The frame's given up at the weld at the bottom of the seat tube/bottom bracket shell (73 mm). The crack has run about 3/4 of the way around the the circumference of the tube at the top of the weld. I presume that it's just fatigue from tens of thousands of hard-riding miles. I run slick tyres at high psi for commuting to work, so the frame will be stressed more than running big volume tyres. I'm still riding it, but will have to scrap the frame soon.

Re: Re:

gt_lover":1s9tdlrf said:
Hi. The frame's given up at the weld at the bottom of the seat tube/bottom bracket shell (73 mm). The crack has run about 3/4 of the way around the the circumference of the tube at the top of the weld. I presume that it's just fatigue from tens of thousands of hard-riding miles. I run slick tyres at high psi for commuting to work, so the frame will be stressed more than running big volume tyres. I'm still riding it, but will have to scrap the frame soon.
could you please picture the crack?

Latest posts

Back