Budget frames

MarinMartin

Marin Fan
Ok so for those who dont know me (you lucky gits) Ive gone through a pretty rough patch lately meaning Ive had to sell pretty much all of my bikes to pay the bills. But oh no this isnt a sob story as its given me the opportunity to start afresh. Basically among trying to set up a mental health support group and building bikes for members to use Ive not really had time to replace my own bikes.

I have a few parts left over which I could build myself something OK ish from but I have no frame. So my ask is for a 19-20" frame (can be retro or modern) but I cant afford more than £50 as spent so much on setting this group up. If anyone has anything please let me know.

any good fella?

Attachments

• 20171020_203010.jpg
    20171020_203010.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 501
  • 20171020_203246.jpg
    20171020_203246.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 501
  • 20171020_203112.jpg
    20171020_203112.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 501
Re:

I have a 18 or 19” Pine Mountain frame/fork - the zolatone/orange one (can check exact measurement) which I got as part of another purchase, I’d be happy to grab a box, pack and post off for £25, which I hope will cover cost of my parcelforce, petrol and parcel tape, while giving you a cheap decent frame!
Cheers
Mat

Re:

Hi mat. What sort of condition is the frame in? As you can guess Im a marin fanatic :LOL:

Pine mountain must be one of the only marins Ive not owned. Being honest I was hoping for something with front suspension (purely because the front ends tend to be a bit higher which is more comfortable with my injuries) but that might be worth a go.

Found a really nice scott but its too small :(

Re:

Longun. As much as I love the thought of owning an M trax im not sure how comfortable I would be on it. Looks very similar to my old alpina which was too forward leaning for me with my problems.

Re: Re:

MarinMartin":wulx16op said:
Hi mat. What sort of condition is the frame in? As you can guess Im a marin fanatic :LOL:

Pine mountain must be one of the only marins Ive not owned. Being honest I was hoping for something with front suspension (purely because the front ends tend to be a bit higher which is more comfortable with my injuries) but that might be worth a go.

Found a really nice scott but its too small :(

I’ll take some photos. Might be able to find a higher-rise stem for a fiver if that helps.

Edit : photo below and it’s 19” c-t

Attachments

• F4C1D816-B866-4F50-B61A-23004C2C552A.jpeg
    F4C1D816-B866-4F50-B61A-23004C2C552A.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 456
Re:

That's gorgeous. A lot better than I was expecting if I'm honest and that stem looks perfect. If you're sure about that deal then yes please. Was eyeing up a later bolinas ridge but that fell through and I'm glad now as that is so much better.

Latest posts

Back