Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:38 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:24 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Minifreak wrote:
mdj82 wrote:
Minifreak wrote:
How about this, 1993 Kona Lava Dome, lovely condition and performs flawlessly. 18" centre of BB to top of seat collar on the extended seat tube so more like a 16" frame from other bike manufacturers:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=372159&hilit=Kona+Lava+dome

It is lovely, and have already admired but it is beyond my means at this moment at this time sadly.. Thankyou for your post pal, all are appreciated..

Happy to hold it if you did want it.

Shall let you know buddy, if im in a position to buy it then ill be in contact.. But if it goes in meantime i wont feel bad as someone would get a nice machine..

Mark

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:28 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Thanks again for the offers people, i probaly should of mentioned my current budget in first post..
I guess 50-60 for frame and fork then full bike is more obviously! Please inform me if im not being realistic :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:42 pm 
Old School Grand Master

mdj82 wrote:
Thanks again for the offers people, i probaly should of mentioned my current budget in first post..
I guess 50-60 for frame and fork then full bike is more obviously! Please inform me if im not being realistic :shock:

A good pair of triple butted project Two's posted is going to cost you around £30 alone buddy unless your happy with a rough pair, frame and then all the bits on top. Building a bike up isn't cheap unless your not fussy about what bits you want.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:47 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Minifreak wrote:
mdj82 wrote:

A good pair of triple butted project Two's posted is going to cost you around £30 alone buddy unless your happy with a rough pair, frame and then all the bits on top. Building a bike up isn't cheap unless your not fussy about what bits you want.

I get ya, but im in no urgency for it and have virtually a complete bike in components..
Im here to be educated and any info on konas is gratefully recieved, so thankyou!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:51 pm 
Old School Grand Master

mdj82 wrote:
Minifreak wrote:
mdj82 wrote:

I get ya, but im in no urgency for it and have virtually a complete bike in components..
Im here to be educated and any info is gratefully recieved, thankyou!

Search 'Kona frame' on eBay, quite a bit about and hopefully you'll find just what your after, keep us posted and start a build thread when you do. Love to see another bike being rescued :)

If you do find the extra money, there is a very nice early Kona Lava Dome in 16" fully original for £120 or best offer, marked as collection only though. Item number 253218561559 , it's a beauty for peanuts!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:55 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Cant find that one.. Just for curiosity.. Whats the item number?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:56 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Oh just seen the number sorry.. Scrap that last post

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:30 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

mdj82 wrote:
eddie_spaghetti wrote:
Got a 1990(?) Explosif I could be persuaded to part with, either frame and fork only or with full near original bits. Paint tatty, but structurally sound.

Lacking P2s. Thread discussing province with pics here:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=374835

PM if interested.

Thanks for that, shall definately keep that in mind.. I think ill aim for a 1 1/8 so i assume that will be slightly later??.. Like i said, im not hot on kona specs!

Thanks again..

Hi it is actually an 1-1/8" frame... Just sold off the fork locally yesterday. Can take a little off the price. Frame is basically as new besides a few storages marks.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:41 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

I've a '94 Cinder Cone frame you can have, it was gifted to me. I'll try and find the pics out for you in a bit and PM you. It has some issues but nothing that would stop you building it up and using it, 1 1/8" head tube, may have some forks to go with it if you wanted (cheap Marzocchis)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:10 pm 
Retro Guru

nice and tidy 16" lava dome any interest for you?

...well, 16" c-c, more like 18" c-top