16 inch Steel Kona Frame/fork/stem. full bike considered

mdj82

Retro Guru
Good evening!..
So im wondering what the fuss is with the 90's steel konas.. so im now looking for one!

I dont know a great deal about them, so model isnt important as long as its approaching mid range.. With 1 1/8 steerer.

I like the look of the 16 inch sloped frame, project 2 forks would be nice. Not super worried about paint condition/colour but has to be solid with no dents or cracks :D

not in the market to spend a shed load as just want to try one but appreciate they have some value now!

willing to travel from crewe area, not too far!

Show me what you got, must be a few lurking in your sheds!
TIA

eddie_spaghetti":347nvfet said:
Got a 1990(?) Explosif I could be persuaded to part with, either frame and fork only or with full near original bits. Paint tatty, but structurally sound.

Lacking P2s. Thread discussing province with pics here:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=374835

PM if interested.

Thanks for that, shall definately keep that in mind.. I think ill aim for a 1 1/8 so i assume that will be slightly later??.. Like i said, im not hot on kona specs!

Thanks again..

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Re:

Kevhl":1j30xcn4 said:
Saw this yesterday, I've no need for it and can't be doing with pickup from London but it looks like a bargain: https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/282695801721

Yeah its nice... But in london and like you, couldnt be further/arsed with london.. Thanks for the spot :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Minifreak":31z4nl73 said:
How about this, 1993 Kona Lava Dome, lovely condition and performs flawlessly. 18" centre of BB to top of seat collar on the extended seat tube so more like a 16" frame from other bike manufacturers:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=372159&hilit=Kona+Lava+dome

It is lovely, and have already admired but it is beyond my means at this moment at this time sadly.. Thankyou for your post pal, all are appreciated..

mdj82":accndkd8 said:
Minifreak":accndkd8 said:
How about this, 1993 Kona Lava Dome, lovely condition and performs flawlessly. 18" centre of BB to top of seat collar on the extended seat tube so more like a 16" frame from other bike manufacturers:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=372159&hilit=Kona+Lava+dome

It is lovely, and have already admired but it is beyond my means at this moment at this time sadly.. Thankyou for your post pal, all are appreciated..

Happy to hold it if you did want it.

Back