Litespeed titanium fork

Three and a half year later and none have surfaced. Do they actually exist? The search is still on, willing to pay $$$ for it. Anyone who knows someone that has heard of someone that might own one?

troje":1tgrzskm said:
Three and a half year later and none have surfaced. Do they actually exist? The search is still on, willing to pay $$$ for it. Anyone who knows someone that has heard of someone that might own one?

I saw one for sale about 4 years ago locally (Atlanta GA USA). It was on Craigslist as a complete bike. The pic was very blurry and the seller was about 2 hours away. He never responded to my questions and the ad was gone a day or two later. So, I think this counts as 'yes they exist'. But certainly rare as hens teeth.

Yeah, that’s about the frequency these rare gems come by. What strikes me though is that they indeed exist, but apparently all are hidden somewhere stucked far away in a collection that probably nevers sees daylight. And yes, they exist. Read the really old threads here, they occasionally came by for sale, not very often but definitely more often than now.

My conclusion is that the real gems have gone, are somewhere in a collection owned by someone who does not want to sell. Don’t get me wrong, it’s everyone’s right to do with parts whatever you want to do with it, but it definitely destroys the active retrobike community if rare items are extinct. I like hunting for a part, but come on, three and a half years and not a single one comes by? There is no easier way to lose interest in old bikes than this.

And I would not mind if these rare bits are often shining in build threads, or at retro shows and gatherings, but I just don’t see them. There are dozens of them out there, but all hidden. Yes, they have value, but the value of a part is also determined by how active and how big the community is. I think this is one of the reasons the retro bike community is slowly dying.

until the unicorn arrives why not get one custom made. just a thought. No, it wont be your ideal answer but then at least you can finish a build until it turns up. I'm after a rear clark kent pineapple hub. I bought a non pineapple ck hub until the unicorn pops up. :) good luck.

Re:

A custom made fork might be a good idea. Any idea who can build an exact replica?

It took nearly four and a half year, but I found my Litespeed fork. One popped up for sale here on the forum, with the seller living only 25km away from me. Incredible. I am happy. Thanks seller. Thanks as well for matting the fork, you've done an incredible job.

Attachments

• new litespeed fork.jpg
    new litespeed fork.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 91
Back