WTD: 1st Gen Shimano Deore XT - STI Shifter Unit - SORTED!

rjsdavis

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hello there

Am on the lookout for a decent used 1st gen STI left-hand shifter unit only. I don't need the brake lever, as it's only the shifter pod that's become a little worse for wear.

Many thanks for any replies.

SORTED!

Re:

When you say "first gen." ... do you mean an M-091 unit (push/push) ... as opposed to M-095 (push/pull) style?

Re: WTD: 1st Gen Shimano Deore XT - STI Shifter Unit - L/H

Hi K-rod

Yes, first gen were push/push STI units rather than than the later trigger style units. I'll post up a picture later of exactly what I'm after as it needs to match to restore the existing unit that I've got that isn't working properly.

still looking? i might have a set of left and right pods.

RockiMtn":3uzk80k3 said:
still looking? i might have a set of left and right pods.

Hi RockiMtn

Yep - am still looking...

Given your handle, I don't suppose you have any Powerlite spares at all by any chance do you?

sorry no, any powerlite spares i had i sold off long time ago, and quite a few have passed through my hands. i do however recently acquired a white fork but that's not going anywhere! ;)

i'll dig out the pods when i have a minute and share photos via PM.

RockiMtn":166kgk35 said:
sorry no, any powerlite spares i had i sold off long time ago, and quite a few have passed through my hands. i do however recently acquired a white fork but that's not going anywhere! ;)

i'll dig out the pods when i have a minute and share photos via PM.

Thanks - if you ever do come across a long 1" Powerlite threaded steerer/crown - I've been after one for about two - three years now....

Back