Shimano DX (MT60) Middle Chaintring Black 36 teeth

Mac_Mwnci

Old School Hero
Looking for Shimano DX (MT60) middle 36 teeth chainring in black. Must be in excellent condition. Recently picked up MT60 chain set and despite seeming to be in good nick the chain slips under load on the middle chainring (both the chain and cassette are new).

Any advice on a new alternative appreciated: Would prefer looks of the original chainring but functionality is more important as the bike's used for carting back heavy shopping...up a few hills :D

Re:

Plenty of options available now 110 bcd is a standard roadie bike size. New SRAM 36t rings on ebay for less than £16 delivered amongst others. Just try:

36 110 chainring into ebay 7 see what comes up.

Re:

Thanks - yeah that seems a sensible option. I'd noticed that they're nearly all marked 'for 9-10 speed use' though. Does chain width not matter in this instance?

Re:

I've never had a problem, thinner rings mean less chain suck Just make sure the chainring spacing is even when fitted, I've never had to fit spacing washers using modern middle rings.
Good luck finding any retro, good middle chainrings, they're the ones which get all the hammer.

Back