Marzocchi XC needed to help a little dude.

solaesthetic

Dirt Disciple
I would like A marzocchi XC fork the type that have the holes on the lower legs.
I am not too concerned about the cosmetic condition so long as the function without leaks.
I plan the modify them to fit a local lad's 16" wheel bike, He is just gone 4yrs. The wee man is truly exceptional and really needs suspension to push his skills further and more safely. He is carving out trails like those at Coed y Brenin and Arran. on a rigid old style Cnoc (The heavier ones). you see his front wheel skittering about and it's a matter of time before he washes out for lack of traction.
Please help the wee man out if you have one of these languishing they would be really put to use.
Cheers

I think I may have the really basic Xc51 fork, or most of one if you want to butcher it, don't think it's the ones with the holes though but same style, are the holes a must?

Ha ha, holes can be achieved by the butcher!
I have the tools to do pretty much anything to it.
The only issue I need to be worried about is the seals. 24mm seals are unavailable so I need a set with the seals still working.
Cheers

100£, including free secure shipping to GB, steerer 19,5cm both
kwA27Un2L7z0dK5c_fMmxoVHoq84kg246OrOtnhOR2vpD_1kTIDFm1PRno0F7UaggzmJZbzxy9As4UrZN2HIqcEMEZjr9McqxGgeRMDYWgjWPvCkW5ObC62rIOP0ZP0mR69yH_gS5qhUlm93nRRIuJmTc1S7saQGBdTzysgwMBz1fyI3jUwrRNyByOHa5_4eunM_cCGVEgOt5AcDPq5mrykpm3g6Fn-tmYf0sxGab6ir3V8MlGkkOKHwYBWCOvyr44e6Jww5Ta9RuPtKdi-kDek5sucCrFmGUJgmAeidm0hjt-6wwdJrbaFkLjXft_B0E2Qzm_CBWCPAUIUvtnSDUGB1ifrUmCIyUgeNGHx5CPsonCPuH3lgbc_PKOSzs0hu0mxK5bWsETV97Btw2UAN82-6hI3FYwWDrseVwzMjvvpQRQHKgjArxJpjqQLzNYNmzKjS0K4-A6-ZbpSulUkWudC12QkJ8Qf9RZ5JG1MJeSQGiY4u8FkZz79CUYYCL8TrV9K-gduKFEpXVUQOgZv3orH3JFVJnXpXkuDepst2FaYGTphVV10qSEWJ96yUWJonUEjnV0Dx9cf6GfhcyUSWoQyXCo16XhlsfGJT7-bHoMHq2upJvLxOH3dlo1Q3usQxohwXjAmYwMZEUe0qBZqeAjDVMRun5UImepqJXqagvw=w1440-h1080-no

apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I just dug out the lowers which still have the leg uppers and brace attached. the valve heads look fine so I've put some air in them and will let you know how I get on. I am pretty sure I have all the bits to put them back together if they hold air. Probably could do with a service though, as although both legs popped back up when I pushed down on them, they were a little squelchy sounding. Definitely an ideal donor fork for what you're talking about doing. Not sure if 16" wheels is a little optimistic though as that's a whole 5 inches effectively you'd need to chop off (depending on the a-c measurement of his rigid fork)

Back