WTD: red ano GT 16"

i have neither time nor money, but the want... the want is there.

nearly bagged a nice tidy zaskar flavour one recently on the ebay but the seller sold it 'to a mate'. Ho-hum.

We make progress. Scored this wee beasty, it's a bit newer than the one I'm really looking, ( think this one is 97/9:cool: and a bit less red and more orange...... But it is absolutely shop fresh. Even the tyres are still supple, not a scuff or scratch to be seen.

Shame it's not exactly right, but might just be close enough.

Will see, but in the interests of continuous improvement, still looking for a shiny red anodised frame in 16 inch.

Attachments

• tmp_12244-DSC_0234989824869.jpg
    tmp_12244-DSC_0234989824869.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 660
Partial success!

So ebay threw up one in the right size but a ‘95 rather than '96, so the decals are different and the colour is not quite the same, but close enough to get me started. It was listed as an 18" but looked like a 16" so a bit of a bid and hope really, came out alright in the end. Worth a punt, popped in a bid, win, and its all systems go….

Then a few days later the forum throws up an 18 incher in the right year that looks pretty good for not a lot of money, and I managed to bag that one too. Happy days.

So now I have the wrong one in the right size and the right one in the wrong size!

Anyway, I’m thinking I’ll start with the 18” frame and build up from there, build thread is here. Fingers crossed a 16” frame will pop up in the meantime (usually what I want appears just after I have finished building what I settled on after failing to find what I wanted :facepalm: ) but now I have to see what parts I still need and put some more effort into finding them.

Back