26" Salsa Cromoto NEEDED!!!

ti-obed

Retro Newbie
Hello everyone!

I recently found my dream frame at a price I could afford. I found a 1997 26" Ti Litespeed Obed. I drove a long way to get it but I am so glad I did. I have completely rebuilt it and it looks awesome.

There is one part that I have not been able to find-- you guessed it...THE FORK! The issue I am facing is that the bike is built around an 80mm fork. I cannot find a quality rigid fork that is suspension corrected for 80mm anywhere.

The Salsa Cromoto 26 that has the Canti and Disk mounts has a 425mm axel to crown. After all the research I have done, this looks like the one I need. I would also consider is a rigid Ti fork with similar dimensions, but I probably can't afford it. Additionally, a triple butted Kona P2 in the right size-preferably with disk mounts would be great too. PLEASE message me if you have one that would work. I am in the USA so it would need to be shipped there. I am so excited to get this bike on the trails!

1 & 1/8th steerer in case you were unsure. Need a minimum of 7" steerer.

Thank you!

Steve

What length steerer tube do you need? and are you going to run canti's or disk on the fork? I have a nice manitou Ti suspension fork and I am in Canada

Re:

Thank you for your reply. I actually like the simplicity of a rigid bike rather than suspension. I appreciate you reaching out!

I have one of those, also located in the US.

Pretty sure anyhow, 425mm was the shorter of the two 26" versions offered? I had the longer one and it was way too long, bought the shorter one and mounted it but never actually used it. V-brake and disc mounts and probably more than 7" of steerer as I think it's only been trimmed a little bit.

Let me know if you still need one and I'll dig it up and measure and take a picture.

Re:

That is awesome!! I am definitely still looking! Like you said, the Salsa fork that had both Canti and disk mounts is the shorter one --the one I need. Let me know what you find and we can work out the details!

Still need to go pull the fork out of storage but I found a picture I had taken awhile ago. Ignore the other forks, it's second from the left.

Attachments

• IMG_3825_2.jpg
    IMG_3825_2.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 651
Re:

Wow! That is great. I can't tell you how excited I am about this. Thank you for replying to my post.

Steve

Looks like the steerer is 10 1/4" long. Don't think I ever trimmed it at all, must have been the longer one I was thinking of.

I'll PM you about price and shipping and stuff.

Back