Marin Lite - seatpost clamp bolt for 1992 Marin Team Issue?

JimmieR

Retro Newbie
Hopefully you can see the part that's split in the attached photos?

Would anyone have such a part for my 1992 Marin Team Issue?

Fingers crossed that the pics and the post come out!

Thank you.

Attachments

• SAM_6664 (2).jpg
    SAM_6664 (2).jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 759
  • SAM_6667 (2).jpg
    SAM_6667 (2).jpg
    433.8 KB · Views: 759
  • SAM_6037 (2).jpg
    SAM_6037 (2).jpg
    218 KB · Views: 759
Re: Re:

M-Power":obkwe1z6 said:
Lovely looking bike !

Thank you for the compliment M-Power.

I bought it brand new in 1992 from Rayment Cycles in Brighton (still going strong apparently) and it's almost totally original. The brake blocks are original for example so you can see that it hasn't been harshly treated or abused. It's never been off-road either so it's not creaking at the seams. I still have the original handlebars somewhere but I swapped them for a Titanium set (£300 in 1992!) with a rubber suspension bung in them. The wheels were replaced under warranty in 1992 and apart from the Tioga City Slicker tyres, that's it, almost exactly as I bought it.

I think broken part will fits also from others seat skeewers (except some from '80 which having wider bolt), so You don't have to look only for Marin Lite...
Can check if I have a spare, but I'm affraid shipping costs takes more than it's worth

Thank you for this interesting and useful information, Skolioza. It certainly opens up a much wider parts pool.

Re:

Hi

Better late than never. I have a spare clamp if you still require one. Do you still have your original handlebar that you removed.....would you sell?
Regards
Matt

Re: Re:

Matt2014":yqr3azu0 said:
Hi

Better late than never. I have a spare clamp if you still require one. Do you still have your original handlebar that you removed.....would you sell?
Regards
Matt

Dropped you a PM Matt

Oh, just spotted the PM part after I'd replied here. I'll have a look now.

Oops, just realised the PM wasn't for me. :cry:

Re:

Hi Matt!

Sounds good to me! I've never done anything about the seat clamp because luckily (or unluckily?) the seat post doesn't seem to want to move even with the clamp removed.

I do have the original handlebar "somewhere" indoors but I never sell anything even if I could locate it. Because it's in the flat (as is the bike), at least it's not stored in a damp shed.

I live in Brighton & Hove but don't quite know how to proceed from here if you still want to sell me the seat clamp.

Best wishes

Jim

Back