Shimano DX M650/M651 TP front mech.28.6 - SORTED

Re: Shimano DX M650/M651 TP front mech.28.6 (endless band type)

The mechs fit regardless of band size - but they are marked differently - something I never knew!

I have a Panasonic branded DX and an LX available if you get stuck

Re:

Cheers LGF.

If that's true, then I'm sorted as I have a band in the correct size on it's way.

I did wonder if they would go to the trouble of casting three different 'bodies' but thinking about it, the distance between the side of the seat tube & face of the BB shell would be different for different sized seat tubes, so it's not unreasonable to think that they would do it to ensure the reach of the mech was correct?

If it turns out that a different band won't work I'll give you a shout re the DX mech. ;)

Fingers crossed.

No dice so far I'm afraid. I'll keep looking though.

ishaw":3jjan62t said:
No dice so far I'm afraid. I'll keep looking though.

Cheers. :cool:

The 28.6 band arrived from the States today, so I'll let you know if that does the trick.

legrandefromage":d9cyibgo said:
The mechs fit regardless of band size - but they are marked differently - something I never knew!

I have a Panasonic branded DX and an LX available if you get stuck

Well there you go.........the definitive answer;

IMG_4177.jpg

IMG_4180.jpg

Same mech, just a new 28.6mm band- Perfect fit. :cool:

Re:

And now you've pissed me off !

I've paid good iron to essentially what you just achieved with a different band... Granted I've got a second redundant mech left over, but I'd rather have the wonga in my bank account

Anyway enough of my woes, I'm pleased it turned out good

Re:

Sorry bud.

At least we know now. It does beg the question as to why they stamped the different sizes on them?

Oh......and all those 34.9mm ones will go up in price!

Latest posts

Back