Wanted: ATBSO

Captain Stupido

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I'm after a largeish (but not huge) lugged ATB/frame, without canti mounts. I had in mind something like a Raleigh Maverick (the base model). I suppose I could hack the canti mounts off of something better, but I might feel guilty and/or make a pigs ear of it.

iu

Cosmetics unimportant as I plan a paint job, but it needs to be cheap/local enough to be almost free. It's certainly not urgent, but after 5 years of car boots, skip diving and even looking on eBay, the right thing hasn't quite turned up. Happy to take a complete bike - will need bars stem/seat post/chainset etc. but not wheels, brakes, gears, or forks.

Why? Basically a few years ago I acquired a bent up Pashley Tube Rider similar to the one pictured below. The damage was to the rear of the frame and the back wheel. The (rather nice) forks were OK and I rebuilt the back hub into a new rim thinking that the combination of hub brakes and gears and 26" wheels would make a nice utility bike if I got hold of a cheapo ATB frame. Years later and I've still done nothing with them.

4540124479_243f620728_z.jpg

Plan is for something altogether more utilitarian and with a slightly less horizontal riding position. More of a postie's bike... I've got a nice big Basil front rack knocking about which would do the trick...

Anyone got anything rusting/gathering dust?

Is there a bike recycling charity near you? I should imagine they would be happy to part with a frame and fork.

Back