Pace RC100 build XTR Front mech??

Re: Re:

My RC200 F1 came with one of these Suntour front mechs - works great!

Retro Spud":3ngda4ve said:
my RC200 F2 came (second hand in 1995) with what I thought was a Mavic front mech and M900 every where else.
Then I came across this ....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suntour-Derai ... SwF1dUSCke and ordered one

Turned out to be identical, I can only think someone back in the early 90's polished off the Suntour logo, happy runs with a 48t chainring but sadly 50t is just a tad too big :(

I'm sure I saved the old one (I'll have to check) but if you want to try my old one for fit you can have it for the cost of a stamp, it works just fine but after 23yrs its a bit tarnished and I don't like/do "Patina"

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Suntour mech would be perfect if you can find one :)

The very early RC100 frames, as you rightly say Fluffy came without any front mech mount and had a band fitting wrapped around the square seat tube, however I have only even seen 2 of these and from frame number 120'ish they came with a braze on mount up until the square tube was replaced with a round tube in the F2'ish era

Here's RC0108 with no Braze on mount and also a straight drive side Seat stay, the later models came with a Braze on mount and bent Seat stay ~ RC0360

Attachments

• DSC01041.JPG
    DSC01041.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 203
  • DSC01045.JPG
    DSC01045.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 203
Re:

My frame is a late one from what I can gather - frame number 365. Strange as I'm sure I've spotted on a thread somewhere that RC200 frame numbers started at a lower number, not sure if that means they were building the 100 and 200 concurrently for a while?

It's a shame they never made braze on M900, the rear mech has been sat doing nothing for at least 8 years, but works perfectly!

Back