Macretro Road Ride - Now Loch Tay - Sun May 9th

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Macretro Road Ride - Loch Lomond - Sun May 9th

Thought I would throw this up and see who's interested.
Robmac is up for it, so thats 2 so far.
Route and details not decided as I suppose wait and see who is coming and who is riding what.
I will throw a few routes/distance type suggestions up in the next couple of days.
I was thinking a leisurely Sunday type training run with a bit of lunch/coffee stop.
Open to suggestions but thought as how we are a small group and maybe not everyone has a roadie that a 'ride what you want' is acceptable. So maybe they can have slicks or whatever on a mtb and still join in. I imagine we may have to regroup regularly.
Anyway, please put interest here and any suggestions.
Jamie

Would loved to have done this but the week before 10th under means I need to take some family time, I might be able to bring the road bike to ten under for the Sunday.

Possibility depending on my availability - need to check.

Loch Lomond's a big area - any specific part you're thinking of?

OR - may I suggest a circuit of Loch Tay, approx 60 miles. Start and finish at Killin......mostly C class roads :D

Of air

Hi guys
Many apologies for the late reply but I have been offline for a few days.
Loch Tay sounds like a better option now, as I have to give a presentation at Aberdeen Uni on the Sat afternoon. Stay the night then head to the ride, so Loch Tay sounds a bit better due to it being closer. Does this sound OK to you Robmac?
Anybody else?
Come on guys, I know there are a few closet roadies out there ;)
Put the knobbies away and come out on real bikes ;) :roll: :p

Jamie

C'mon

Its now even closer to the east!
Come on guys, bring anything to ride, just come along.

Jamie

Killin - Glen Lochay - Glen Lyon - Fortingall - Kenmore - then south Loch Tay road to Killin :D

undulating :D

Back