Blackmount-GlenEtive 2010 Official Aftermath Thread

clockworkgazz

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
that was amazing, simply amazing, however my legs appear to be broken- to tired to type :cool:

this was the map and itinery for the weekend...

GlenEtiveMap.jpg

Wooly Itinery...

Saturday 24th April

10:30am - All assemble at car park beside Bridge of Orchy Hotel.

11:00am - Depart BofO for gentle bimble across Rannoch Moor to Kingshouse Hotel, Glencoe.

1:00pm - Arrive Kingsouse. Lunch with good beer and food.

2:30pm - Depart Kingshouse.

Bothyers travel down Glen Etive to road end and continue as follows:

3:30pm - Arrive head of Loch Etive and start off-road section. Most demanding section is here with some walk/pushing (so don't carry too much gear!)

6:00pm approx - Arrive at bothy. R&R

Sunday 25th April
8:00 - 8:15am - Depart bothy

9:00am - boat across the sea

9:30am X/C from Taynuilt Pier to Armaddy

11:00am - X/C from Armaddy through the wilds of Glen Kinglass

2:30pm approx - return to BofO Hotel. Exact timings will vary depending on weather and river crossings Only one river crossing which could be tricky, approx 8 miles from BofO. Will know severity of that before we go

Expect wet feet and tired legs at the very least.

(Note from the ken - found some way of moving the post not 100% sucessful but leaves most of it intact, hope you don't mind me hijacking your post Gaz, only way I could do it like this without loosing much)

:shock: :shock: :shock:

The "C-Word" has been used extensively (very extensively) over the last two days to describe me and my choice of route :twisted:

Not an F'n C, - just a C , so I think they enjoyed it :D

More will follow, but not just yet - brain still rattling around in skull after "The Road of Bones" and the "Dark Glen of Corpses" .

Then there were DaveG's venison poachers and close encounters with Neds, Rado's immense rucsac :shock: , strange gaelic singers, and a duck with no beak :shock: :shock:

Gazz's Walk of Pain :twisted: and TK's overwhelming supply of low cost / low durability equipment :D

May try get a few pics up tonight, but don't really feel up to moving much.

@ Robmac - good photo - quite like that look - who is it? (envelope received BTW)

no one else knows the content of the envelope BTW :eek: remember 'loose lips sinks ships'.

mikee":bx3kn2y7 said:
oh well at least your not dead
or buggered in a deliverance stylee

could still be buggered and not sayin.

TBH I think we're all well and truly buggered ;)

some.......................

DSCF2153.jpg

DSCF2205.jpg

DSCF2204.jpg

DSCF2177.jpg

DSCF2176.jpg

DSCF2192.jpg

DSCF2211.jpg

DSCF2169.jpg

DSCF2180.jpg

DSCF2184.jpg

DSCF2195-1.jpg

DSCF2200.jpg

DSCF2206.jpg

DSCF2143.jpg

DSCF2148.jpg

:D :D

more later..............

:D Wow
And WOW to those pics,looks like you all had a great time

More pics :D

Is that Gazz holding an injured knee in the last pic :?

My Lord, that was fantastic trip. Was sometimes hard but I'll be remember this one for sure. Great cycling, great company. Pictures won't justice how was there... beautiful country. But my body is broken now :D Thanks again to Mr. Panda and all chaps.

Back