Strathpuffer lite

I'll give it a go Kaiser, you up for it, other than the snow and ice in winter the course does not look beyond me technically, only the duration and climbing look particularly tough.

Famous last words........... :roll:

might be, as long as I don't exceed my one event a month I should be ok. ...unless that is the first weekend of the school hols.

Will never do the winter puffer, its in the top ten of worlds toughest mtb races :shock:

Commuting to work in the snow is by far tough enough for me :roll:

Hmmm. Same course as the winter puffer, 12 hours instead of 24. And of course weather much better.

What were you thinking Kaiser, solo or assorted teams?

Bit of a shame the max team size is 3 actually. That's 2 hours longer that 10UTB with 1 less person. Anyone know how much work a lap is? Distance, climbing?

What about all entering it as individuals and having an inter MacRetro comp, we could still all operate from a MacRetro base camp :D

Yes even I'd consider doing it solo, I reckon 3 laps is doable in 12 hours. I think a lap is about 7miles or so but at least a fair chunk involves climbing.

zigzag":3p43aaaf said:
What were you thinking Kaiser, solo or assorted teams?

TBH wisnae even on the radar :eek: noticed it today and thought mibee a nice northerly MacRetro doo :)

Though I think 10 at Kirroughtree is the following week :? 10hrs....daylight etc.

Not for me - need my kip :cool:

Went to the January one a couple of years ago in a "support" capacity for two other bods. Wild, windy, wet, windy icy and windy. Event seriously disrupted and campsite abandonned for safer ground :shock:

Went munro bagging instead ;)

Latest posts

Back