Howdy

Gregorio

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Hello,

I'm a new member and having just moved back to Glasgow after a stint abroad just wanted to say 'hi'... Been into bikes for the last few years after knackering my knees doing a lot of running and have been obsessed since-I lived in France for a while so pretty nice teritory for both cycling and finding vintage treasures ;)

At the mo my stable is pretty empty-I sold a lot of gear last year to raise much needed funds for travelling but kept my trusty '84 Colnago Master with record/delta only to have it ~(badly)~mangled in transit ;(
Much sadness. Was a grotty, scruffy thing a bit like its owner but I picked it up for a song in France and rode the shite out of it... Hoping it can be saved though-and I off loaded the much over-rated but pretty Delta's to help fund it. Acquired what I think is a late 70's Flying Scot before Crimbo and going to set about getting that into shape soon too (anyone know the year corresponding with 69 S by any chance? Bod Reid's site is still down) and also wanting to get into some more serious road cycling with a club if anyone has recommendations? A mate is doing the TDF Etape this year so going to be his training buddy if I can keep up the pace!

So aye. Will leave you with a pic of my poor beautiful twisted beastie...
Look forward to catching up sometime for a ride (and a drop of whiskey ;)

Best,

Greg

3934238386_4c12d3d20d_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2630/3934238386_4c12d3d20d_o.jpg

Welcome

Welcome to the clan Greg.
Join in the banter and hope to meet up sometime when I'm down that way.

All the best
Jamie

Welcome Greg will be nice to see you one day at one of the meets however I must insist that you refrain from all this "road bike" nonesense, get some fat tires fitted and forget all about your unhealthy Tarmac yearnings, mud is where it's at baby!

Only kidding btw there are plenty of other road saddo's on here so you are with friends in macretro land. Hope to see you soon mate.

Welcome Greg, hope you get a bike sorted out soon, always plenty of stuff for sale in the for sale section, also help and advice on here should you need it, then you can join us riding the fantastic sun drenched dry and dusty trails in Scotland, well we may find one somewhere thats dry, dusty and sun drenched, all right maybe it wont be in Scotland then :LOL:, but at least a laugh is guaranteed :D

Hi greg
The rolling dusky fields, temparate weather, the fine wines, beautiful women and wonderful food of France to the damp mean streets of Glasgae. That's some downer without a mangled bike. Chin up.
Welcome to RB and MacRetro.

Si
Minister for Sassenachs

Welcome Greg, there are roady types amongst us but as yet we've still not got a tarmac meet sorted. A circular run of the Isle of Arran is the most popular idea, just need to get organised.

Cheers chaps-with todays snow and a trip to the job center I am indeed wondering what the feck I'm doing here! Boo hoo... No. That's not true. I love hypothermia. And being on the dole. And being back at home with my maw. OH GOD-LET ME BACK ON THE ******* PLANE!

Getting a bike sorted as a matter of priority otherwise I'll go insane. All my tools are still in France tho (luggage ;() so tied hands-ah! All MTB-ers here eh? to be honest never given it a bash other than charging about on one when I was a kid and road biking was a symptom of France so maybe I'll have to sneak a peek and see... Got to say MTb's are nowhere near as sexy as a nice vintage roadie tho ; :cool:

Tour of Arran sounds like a fun outing-daytrip or weekender? Last time I went over there the sea was so rough I almost puked the captain could't dock so we had to wait which was torture. And then the bird left her mobile on the ferry and went in a tid. Thinking about cycling round those lovely empty roads is a different story tho :LOL:

Back