MacRetro Ganghut...........

Bit sad that :( Not the best place for a bike shop mind, I thought it was all hooses there too.

Just think though, for the price of some high-end modern carbon job, you could buy a bike business. I wonder how much the rent is.

Real shame, looking at his business model it is the sort of shop that would be obliterated by the likes of government supported schemes like the Bikestation.

But yes "location, Location, Location" is always relevant unless you are a web based company.

I reckon the rent will be the big issue, edinburgh ain't cheap even down there.

just got this...

Rent:500pcm
No Rates this year, and I didn't have any last year. I think it should be around £120?.
One year lease, and month to month thereafter. GREAT Landlords.

not as bad as I thought - what do the macretro subs add up to each month :)

I would probably go for this if I lived there and was single, too high a risk just now for me.

1/- Never heard of it and i'm a comparative local !
2/- edinburgh has more bike shops than it really needs
3/-The past year or two was a bit of a daft time to be in the bike business in a badly placed, poorly advertised, heavily competative marketplace business.

Some folk are there own worst enemy, I hope he didn't suffer to badly financially :?

I can just picture it now.... Wall to wall shonkiness, frames the size of gates and pink cables everywhere :LOL: :LOL:

Back