Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:37 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 653, 654, 655, 656, 657, 658, 659 ... 1525  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:22 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:56 pm
Posts: 2473
Location: A Fifer furth o' the Kingdom
Started to have a look at this Marin Wolf Ridge I picked up last night, that I got off Gumtree courtesy of the link big eck posted.
Thanks eck. 8)

Image

Now, going by the frame number it is a '99 but Bikepedia doesn't show a Wolf Ridge of that shape at all for '99. There is a 2000, but it's the later shape frame. Also going by the number it's a Pine Mountain, doesn't mention the Wolf Ridge in the list. :?

It's for my daughter so the spring is a bit hard as it's a 550, will try to get an air shock rather than another spring but might have to settle for a softer spring. Got a new mech hanger coming but if somebody has one going spare I might take it aff yer hands.
So will have to get a set of Hopes working and build a Hope disc rear wheel. Think it will start off with V's.
If anyone has a cheapo 34.9/35mm bottom pull front mech let me know, please.
Need to get the bearings out of headset cups to clean and lube them, do I just bash them gently with tool number 1 and screw-driver? :roll: Will probably change the headset then deal with the bearings in this one later.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:36 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:03 am
Posts: 1412
Location: Edinburgh
kaiser wrote:
Mark what about peeling off the warning stickers and getting them remade? Sounds anal but it'd be pretty cool I reckon. Both zz and tk and maestros with the graphics and aw that.


I might have imagined it but I think you can get warning stickers, like the ones that came on GTs, on ebay.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:06 pm 
Old School Hero
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:44 am
Posts: 151
Location: Dunbar
Buying a cheap u-lock to leave it at work has proven to be a false economy :( :( :(

Leaving work, found the key a little stiff... bit of applied pressure and... SNAP! :roll:

Caught a bus home, have to pack an angle grinder and extension cable for tomorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:19 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:58 pm
Posts: 4434
Location: Third stone from the sun.
kaiser wrote:
Mark what about peeling off the warning stickers and getting them remade? Sounds anal but it'd be pretty cool I reckon. Both zz and tk and maestros with the graphics and aw that.


Jeez, just managed to talk myself out of repainting it and your talking me back into it :lol:

Might as well cause it'll be a long term project anyway and would be nice to get it realy mint, had another look at the Orange E3 earlier, would be crazy not to continue with that so i'll get that riding first.

I'll have a look for those stickers Rumble :wink:

Nice Marin OCP 8), plans for it sound great.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:07 pm 
Classified Mod
Classified Mod

Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:34 pm
Posts: 12694
Location: Fife in Scotland
irontam wrote:
Buying a cheap u-lock to leave it at work has proven to be a false economy :( :( :(

Leaving work, found the key a little stiff... bit of applied pressure and... SNAP! :roll:

Caught a bus home, have to pack an angle grinder and extension cable for tomorrow.


Watch out Tam, theres a old motorbike theft trick. The lazy owner cant be bothered to take the lock home with them they leave it at work come back the next day the lock has glue in the key hole so the poor owner leaves it without being locked the thief arrives later knowing it wont be locked etc etc :(

Im a biker not a thief :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:11 pm 
Classified Mod
Classified Mod

Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:34 pm
Posts: 12694
Location: Fife in Scotland
OCP Ive got two of those Marin frames a Mount Vision and a Shore Line I think it is :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:28 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:23 am
Posts: 15608
...miss my salsa (sorry velo) tis now all practical and in denmark

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:17 am 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:11 pm
Posts: 8700
Location: DUNDEE
Jimi, I've already done half of those gt deals for my xizang so a few more wouldn't be hard. Measure the height and width of each (around any curves too) and take square on photos - I'll make them up and you can get Gil to print them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:03 am 
Old School Hero
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:44 am
Posts: 151
Location: Dunbar
RobMac wrote:
irontam wrote:
Buying a cheap u-lock to leave it at work has proven to be a false economy :( :( :(

Leaving work, found the key a little stiff... bit of applied pressure and... SNAP! :roll:

Caught a bus home, have to pack an angle grinder and extension cable for tomorrow.


Watch out Tam, theres a old motorbike theft trick. The lazy owner cant be bothered to take the lock home with them they leave it at work come back the next day the lock has glue in the key hole so the poor owner leaves it without being locked the thief arrives later knowing it wont be locked etc etc :(

Im a biker not a thief :wink:


Ta RobMac, good to know but not the case this time: Bike was still firmly anchored to the rack by the broken lock this morning. :roll:

Brought in an angle grinder, now to find a very long extension cable...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:17 am 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:11 pm
Posts: 8700
Location: DUNDEE
old_coyote_pedaller wrote:

Image


If anyone has a cheapo 34.9/35mm bottom pull front mech let me know, please.


Nice Bike OCP, on the front mech might be easier finding an E-type (bottom bracket mount)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 653, 654, 655, 656, 657, 658, 659 ... 1525  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: clubby, firedfromthecircus, keithyr and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group