Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:46 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 1525  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:50 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Got told off today for sitting down when there was fook all to do . Apparently I have to stand , balls to that , this isn't china yet .

Thought about walking when I was told to "push" an offer we have . Face it , if people aren't interested theyre not interested , an increased figure on a bit of paper isn't going to make people buy something .

I'll leave before I have to give a hard sell and I couldn't care less about predicted sales , my ethics don't change for minimum wage :lol:

And while I'm having a moan I will have done 7 straight days on tues totaling more than than 30 hours ; don't forget I'm part time , everyone else seems to have .

On a less pissed off note :lol: a couple came in for a longer than normal rear QR so the lady could fit a trailer to the back of her orange to drag the sprog about but because we didn't have anything longer and even though I mentioned changing the skewer part as it's threaded at both ends they bought a whole new bike . it's alright for some eh :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:02 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Attempted to cat escape proof my flat as I've just adopted a 12 year old cat called Murphy. He's supposed to stay inside as he has a compromised imune system and a common cat cold could finish him. He'll probably outlive me :roll:

Achieved Zero in the world of bikes, trying to fine tune the Trek SS for SSEC but nothing seems to work satisfactorily, Dahon is in reserve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:30 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Got 3 inside cats , whenever they sneek past the door they just freeze , probably in awe at outside :lol: It's easy to pick them up and bung em back inside .

A rabbit has appeared at the other end of the living room . The last one was crazy ; whenever out of the cage it went menacing the cats , chew through the cable for my thinkpad too , wasn't very happy with that .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:45 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

They taste a bit like chicken or so I've been told :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:46 pm 

done nothing exciting today , f###ed my big orange funn stem by landing a jump at the skateboard track and stripping the bottom thread :evil: it should re-tap and a bigger bolt should fix it but i just flung the gold hope one back on for now...........

sat for a while looking at the b17 with the thinking cap on , got a set of dx v'a and levers coming for it , havent got a clue what wheels to go for so might use the snowflakes..........

the wifes at work so i'm in wi the waynes til 7 , then i'm going up the bings......... lights are charging right now :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:11 pm 
Classified Mod
Classified Mod

perry wrote:
Got told off today for sitting down when there was fook all to do . Apparently I have to stand , balls to that , this isn't china yet .

Thought about walking when I was told to "push" an offer we have . Face it , if people aren't interested theyre not interested , an increased figure on a bit of paper isn't going to make people buy something .

I'll leave before I have to give a hard sell and I couldn't care less about predicted sales , my ethics don't change for minimum wage :lol:

And while I'm having a moan I will have done 7 straight days on tues totaling more than than 30 hours ; don't forget I'm part time , everyone else seems to have .

On a less pissed off note :lol: a couple came in for a longer than normal rear QR so the lady could fit a trailer to the back of her orange to drag the sprog about but because we didn't have anything longer and even though I mentioned changing the skewer part as it's threaded at both ends they bought a whole new bike . it's alright for some eh :lol:

Respect to yeah Perry :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:50 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

today I put a few more bits on the Cotic Redux. Just waiting on decals, chain and cassette and it will be ready for trumpton again.

what do yer think??

Attachments:
19574_1129921948041_1827012993_247654_1995351_n.jpg
19574_1129921948041_1827012993_247654_1995351_n.jpg [ 48.3 KiB | Viewed 130 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:00 pm 

Crudguard must go, doesn't suit especially with the forks looking reeeeaaalllly long, possibly the black stanchions and legs not helping - geometry still ok? I do love a bike in a light blue though, will reserve judgement until I see the decals applied. I liked the custard too :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:01 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

My 100th post....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:08 pm 

zigzag wrote:
Crudguard must go, doesn't suit especially with the forks looking reeeeaaalllly long, possibly the black stanchions and legs not helping - geometry still ok? I do love a bike in a light blue though, will reserve judgement until I see the decals applied. I liked the custard too :oops:

Function over form I'm afraid- Trumpton is a real shitfest at the moment and you really cant see with a face full of shat. Geometry still spot on- frame was designed for a 140mm fork- this one runs about 120 with sag taken into consideration.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 1525  Next