Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:43 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 603, 604, 605, 606, 607, 608, 609 ... 1525  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:43 pm 
MacModerator
MacModerator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:59 pm
Posts: 20771
Location: Sol Kitts
Oi! :twisted: cheeky, I have every confidence in the frames integrity. Should be going for a powder coat anyroads, might fit discs at the same time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:48 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:23 am
Posts: 15608
someone once told me that retro modding was a waste of money :wink:

very nice frame anyroads 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:48 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 11:03 am
Posts: 18207
Location: Sunny Glasgow
Might want to think about powder coating the inside too :?


:oops: Sorry


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:49 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:56 pm
Posts: 2473
Location: A Fifer furth o' the Kingdom
Went out for a bike ride with my daughter on my finally finished Cannondale Super V 1000SL. I originally got the frame and Headshok forks off here intending to build it as it was, but found a crack on rear arm, one of the dreaded cast arms. The guy who sold it very generously refunded a large proportion of cost and I was able to win a CAAD4 arm from a Jekyll on eBay.
Then whilst I had the Headshok fork off the frame I found and won a Lefty Titanium and Lefty front wheel on eBay for a bargain amount of readies. Used my stash of goodies to build it up along with parts such as Hope brakes from here.
We did the route I have been doing recently and the Super V seemed to be easier to pedal uphill than my lighter Coyote hardtail or maybe I'm finally getting a bit fitter. It certainly is much better than my old full-suspension bike that I gave to my wife.

Now that it's done I think I'll start to build the F700 frame I've got, putting the Headshok forks from the Super V on it. Problem is my wife doesn't know I have the F700 frame yet. Will use all the bits off the Coyote to build it so I'll still only have 2 bikes. The Coyote will be stored and built up for my youngest when she is big enough for it, it's a 16". Gives me time to source more goodies off here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:13 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 11:03 am
Posts: 18207
Location: Sunny Glasgow
old_coyote_pedaller wrote:
Went out for a bike ride with my daughter on my finally finished Cannondale Super V 1000SL. I originally got the frame and Headshok forks off here intending to build it as it was, but found a crack on rear arm, one of the dreaded cast arms. The guy who sold it very generously refunded a large proportion of cost and I was able to win a CAAD4 arm from a Jekyll on eBay.
Then whilst I had the Headshok fork off the frame I found and won a Lefty Titanium and Lefty front wheel on eBay for a bargain amount of readies. Used my stash of goodies to build it up along with parts such as Hope brakes from here.
We did the route I have been doing recently and the Super V seemed to be easier to pedal uphill than my lighter Coyote hardtail or maybe I'm finally getting a bit fitter. It certainly is much better than my old full-suspension bike that I gave to my wife.

Now that it's done I think I'll start to build the F700 frame I've got, putting the Headshok forks from the Super V on it. Problem is my wife doesn't know I have the F700 frame yet. Will use all the bits off the Coyote to build it so I'll still only have 2 bikes. The Coyote will be stored and built up for my youngest when she is big enough for it, it's a 16". Gives me time to source more goodies off here.


Any pics
Im a visual person 8) :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:38 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:36 pm
Posts: 4950
Location: Edinburgh
Went to Bike Station today

They have a poor, sad looking original Cindercone frame that needs re-homed
They are wanting £50.00 , 19" , with the P2's :wink:

Image

G


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:40 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 8771
Location: scotland
Enid_Puceflange wrote:
Went to Bike Station today

They have a poor, sad looking original Cindercone frame that needs re-homed
They are wanting £50.00 , 19" , with the P2's :wink:

Image

G



ohh , thats nice 8) i need to get my arse in there soon :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:42 pm 
Classified Mod
Classified Mod

Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:34 pm
Posts: 12694
Location: Fife in Scotland
Welcome to the steel HT Kona Crew 'G' :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:43 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:36 pm
Posts: 4950
Location: Edinburgh
They also had hanging up,

An old Orange frame & forks, with bars , stem & MAGURAS for £75!! :shock:

G


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:50 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 7:25 pm
Posts: 4977
Location: Edinburgh
Enid_Puceflange wrote:
They also had hanging up,

An old Orange frame & forks, with bars , stem & MAGURAS for £75!! :shock:

G


I spotted that the last time I was in.

As usual it was too big. I hate being a shortarse.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 603, 604, 605, 606, 607, 608, 609 ... 1525  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group