Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:40 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 1525  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:52 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

grow your hair it's cheaper :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:00 pm 

Not an option, there can only ever be one Terry Nutkins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:03 pm 

ha ha

Bill Bailey gets away with it, anyway thank yourself lucky you are not like me and have a massive arse :shock: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:26 pm 
MacModerator
MacModerator

Si I reckon the forks are built for it, also any more aqua fade will be too tarty. I reckon the problem is the syncros stem and post, too black and squat. BTW I have a Yo you can swap :lol: .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:50 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Its a large frame and the top tube is a little long for my liking hence the shorter stem (although the standover is the same as a medium Yo). Your post is blue isn't it?? wouldn't look right with the red stuff.

Si

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:56 pm 
MacModerator
MacModerator

Dr S wrote:
Its a large frame and the top tube is a little long for my liking hence the shorter stem (although the standover is the same as a medium Yo). Your post is blue isn't it?? wouldn't look right with the red stuff.

Si

The post was a scrapper anyroads. It had been cut quite short. I got a NOS control tech post for it instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:49 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Holy cow, this "Today i Did" thread has turned into a second chat thread :shock:

Ya bunch a gas bags :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:54 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Ah, just spotted the Dr's S.A.B on the last page, look's stunning, i suppose a page and a half of gassing for that is excuseable :lol:

More work for me today, just a "short" 11 hour shift, just had a fantastic sweet and sour chicken cooked all by myself :) , stuffed now 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:56 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Today I ( is this the right thread ? ) chased the bottom bracket threads in a trek , ouch stop throwing the stones you fookers . I looked over the bike and all the parts were shagged , estimated he would be looking at about £100 to get the thing sorted and that was if when I chased the threads ( I tried to write it off from the start ) the bottom bracket doesn't just pull out . Phoned the guy and I guess it was his mum who answered but when the guy phoned me back he said " just change the bottom bracket "

boo

I told him that there didn't look like there was much alloy left to make usable threads but he still wanted it doing .

boo

so I did it , but as we're waiting on the bottom bracket I don't know yet if it'll hold .

Who's betting it does ?

boo

Also a fella talked to me about the bulbs he bought a few months ago for his car blowing a few days apart from each other . Why do people assume I know this shit ? It must be the beard , beards look knowledgeable :lol: face it the bulbs we're fine for long enough to not be a manufacturers fault and if they blow so close to each other then it's likely to be an electrical fault with your car , I referred him to a colleague and scarpered :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:21 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Have a shave Perry, your young enough to get away with the fresh faced look of a know nothing teenager who are commonly found working in Halfords. The public will thus avoid you if they have questions to ask :wink:

As for the bottom bracket you should have gone for on of those YST thread to itself cartridge units. Thus it would be guaranteed to hold together.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 1525  Next