Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:14 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 1526  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:45 pm 
Classified Mod
Classified Mod

4hr 50mins to go £93 + £6 for P&P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:22 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

Got out for a couple of hours on the Rockhopper up Carron Valley. Very rideable - slush, a bit of ice and snow on the land rover tracks (still OK though), and the majority of single track is fine - clear under the trees, with clear wheel lines through the snow with plenty of grip for the majority of the rest of it.

There's been a fair bit of maintenance done on the track - the top section of Eas Dubh has been redone, including a few wee jumps for a bit of air. Nice. Unfortunately, they've totally sanitised the Kelpie Staircase, there's a proper chicken run (!) and the actual staircase is now just a short not so steep (or rocky) slope :(

The runway has also been relaid, I think they've put a few extra jumps in at the top bit too. This flows really nicely now the massive pot-holes are gone, I'll be back with some suspension I think.

As fecking usual whenever I'm up there, I had two punctures (ride light my arse). A couple of young whippersnappers zoomed by me on the Runway when I stopped to put my chain on, with not even a nod. I caught up with them on the fire track at the bottom, where one of them promptly had a low speed fall on the ice :twisted: I am a sad, grumpy old git.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:17 pm 
MacModerator
MacModerator

40 Mins on the turbo today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:22 pm 

brought an old dh bike back to life today :D started re-building the german grossman a325.......... forgot to take pictures :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:46 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Kaiser, please stop telling us how much fitter your getting, its demoralising, especially as everytime I push the exercise regime I end up ill for a while :(
40 minutes on the Turbo trainer indeed, show off !!!

All the events you do well in will be testament enough :wink:

Hopefully get my White Lightnin' ready for Dunkeld, keep getting distracted :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:59 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

CV sounds great ZZ 8) , quite like that place, last time i was there i had the old Manitou FS and it let me down big time :x, 1/2 hour riding, long walk back to the car, off home in a huff :roll:

Finally got my shower stall in yesterday (i know it's yesterdays news and not bike related but i still have to share :lol: ), really pleased with how it looks, bathroom is a bit closer to completion now, going to rip the bog out and replace that next weekend, should be easy compared to the shower enclosure though.

Also wasted about 2 hours of my life last night watching a really pish film called Cloverfield, disaster movie filmed in a really annoying video camera/documentary style that made me want to kick the telly in :x, if the GF had'nt been here i think i would have. Watched Dead Mans Shoes after it though which in contrast is brilliant, a low budget film that's far better than any big budget CGI blockbuster i've seen.

Got out to Pollock park thismorning for a couple of hours, first time i've got the Zaskar muddy :oops:, rides great though, just how i remember the one i had in the 90's, this bike will be a keeper for sure 8)
Built the rear end of the LTS frame back up following a deal for disc brake rear stays that fell through :roll:, also stripped the FSR frame down as i'm going to paint the front triangle (bright red) and maybe order the new rear shock soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:33 pm 
P.o.T.M. Winner / MacRetro Rider
P.o.T.M. Winner / MacRetro Rider

Location: In the foothills of the foothills of The Cairngorm Massif :D
.....decided the red spds on yellow bike were not a good idea for today's route :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:20 am 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Whats the colour combination got to do with anything :?

The fashionista been threatening you or something :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:36 pm 
MacModerator
MacModerator

went out a run, still a bit sore from me spills.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:59 pm 
King of the DuckBoard
King of the DuckBoard

bought a very short cage SRAM X0 mech 8) But still thinking about what cranks to fit :? RS8 duo with ti BB or get a modern noir like i have already. Problem problems :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 1526  Next