macretro avatar banner

clockworkgazz

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
When we decide on the design of this wee banner, how do we decide who gets one.

Suggestions please, mine is easy, if you want one then that's ok by me but it has been suggested you get it after turning up for a ride etc..

what do you think?

How about two banners, one for folks who've turned up to a ride, and one for folks who've also done a race?

Ie. You get a banner without the wee ecurie shield for turning up to a ride. If you do a race, you then get the wee shield added.

The text on the banner = MacRetro, whether you have the wee shield or not.

I think either turning up on a ride or being recognised as a contributing member to the Boards (not including the gibbering 1 liners we sometimes do to try and get a milestone post. :) )

I just think that we have a few people that might never make it on a ride but do contribute heavily to the forum.

I think John is keen to make these awards and doesn't want to devalue the others by having free giveaways.

This isn't an insignificant mark stumbled across by strangers, it is a mark earned by blood and toil wrenched from the earth itself, a mark that lets us stand proud amongst a whole army of my countrymen, here in defiance of tyranny!
You have come to ride as free men. And free man you are! What will you do without MacRetro? Will you ride? "Two bikes against ten?
Fight and you may die. Run and you will live at least awhile but look gay in the process.
And dying in your bed many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young men and tell our enemies that they may take our lives but they will never take our bicycles!

Re: banner

Tnega":2tfr47q5 said:
The Ken":2tfr47q5 said:
After all that I like Zigzags idea :)
rofl.
gg ZZ

Dave
:) Although TK's point is still valid.

Latest iterations with John's font, including less blurry jaunty ecurie shield to continue annoying TK ;) Although I think I prefer the straight one myself now :oops:

redv2basic.gif

redv2ecuriejaunty.gif

redv2ecuriestraight.gif

ZZ fantastic work mate :cool: My tuppence is you can have one if you turn up at a MacRetro ride and a retro one at that. If you've raced with the guys you can get an Ecurie tag on it. Nice choice too, really like that tartan :cool:

I'd still go with a capital M and capital R, although we want a visible identity the name is more important than the banner.

oh and the last one for me too, can you mock it up with ecurie?

The Ken":99adz84v said:
I'd still go with a capital M and capital R, although we want a visible identity the name is more important than the banner.

and that too

Back