magazines

mikee

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
GT Fan
Feedback
View
do any of you's buy mtb mags these days ?
was in asda this avo and i bought a copy of mbr ,it was in a bag so i couldnee have a scan thru

what a lot of pish ,get youself a riding coach ,4/5/6 grand carbon wonderbikes and some folks favorite routes .......for £4

nae wonder i've no bought one fer ages

whats your thoughts on the current crop of mags ?

I find that many bike mags promote only the type of riding that the yoof or money'ed are into now. That means never ending jump biking which is just BMX on dirt halfpipes and free ride which is the extreme terrain only folk who can come up with big cash can ride.

The majority of riders in the UK cannot afford the kit these days.

All the adverts are for high end alloy and plastic kit with big price tags.

I'll stick to old school XC thanks muchly, most mags are s****!!!

Singletrack is however deemed a better alternative read and is often SS friendly :)

Pretty much ditto... The 1000 best bits of tat for under £1000 'features' really piss me off. And those artfully posed photoshoots with the young 'uns and the 10 bits of expensive lifestyle accessory shit you can't do without this summer/autumn/winter, etc. GET TAE ****.

Having said that, I wouldn't say no to a 4k carbon wonder jobbie, or some personal bloody coaching either.

personal coaching

thats my point ,go out , ride , fall off, work out why you fell off ,learn,
move on ...simple (s)

mind you last time at gt (possibly ever) it was full of the useless cretins
that seem to populate this nonsence these days

hey mebee thats who they aim these mags at :LOL:

Aye singletracks good, MBR is as mentioned though they can have good routes now and then. MBUK can surprisingly pass the time, get it when theres something decent free, keep you up to date with whats happening today in the MTB world, once in a whiles enough though. Dirt is ok if your gravity based, well put together mag with good pics. If you can find The Ride its worth the dough.

stopped hunting for singletrack about 18 months ago kinda thought it
went a bit jumpy jumpy for my liking
did like it before that tho
might try to track down a copy again

Try http://www.imbikemag.com

A journo from this free ezine had a wee chat with ZigZag and me at GT last week. Seemed earnest and genuinely interested in the fact that two old bike riders were happy to battle GT despite the surplus of modern kit around us.

Don't really do mags, bitd they seemed more relevent and more fun plus the eye candy was better, don't think I've ever seen a bike in a modern mag that I lust after anyway they are very expensive for an hours read.

Back