Road Riders

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Think of trying to get a few road rides next year, we seemed to talk alot about it but never got anywhere. There are a handful of sportives and the roon Arran jaunt crops up now and then. I quite fancy the Drumlanrig tearfund challenge and maybe squeeze in Arran before it.

Love too Kaiser but no way can I do 84 miles even with a following wind. Ten years ago at the peak of my cycling fitness pre ME nae bother but not now :(

Arran though should be OK, may try it on the fixie once built :)

Mr P and The K should be capable of working up to it I should think.

Central command fancies at least one national retro roady meet in 2010 and mention has been made of a Sportif or an Audax. :cool:

Route round Loch Tay is quite good and quite accessible, start Killin. Glen Lochay, Glen Lyon, Kenmore. Killin on C class roads. Approx 65 miles. :cool:

Or could start Kenmore just as easily, just a bit more of a hike for us westcoasters :roll:

Good road ride is the Edinburgh to St Andrews charity run (for Lepra), always on the Saturday nearest midsummer. On the ten times I've done it has only rained all day twice...

About 65 miles on the bike.

Good day out though, with a sweetie stop in Crossford, being eaten by midgies going over the Cliesh Hill, doom plummet into Kinross, 'bar lunch' at the Balgedie Toll Tavern, loads of tea in Falkland then a second wind blast into St Andrews after crossing the Kettle Hills. 'Bar supper' then ferried back to Embra by bus (bikes come back in trucks), and bursting for a p1sh by the time you are reunited with the bike. That's my routine anyway.

velomaniac":1tnvyoc6 said:
Welcome to the Orcadian newbie, nice part of the world if a wee bit windy ;)

When I am doon sooth my soft Scottish pals wonder why I enjoy the relentless slog of cycling up long hills- with the wind here, relentless slogging is all I know :LOL:

But am I the most northerly MacRetrobiker (to eliminate the boy in Finland)? Or is there a Sheltie contingent here too?

Quizzical of Kirkwall.

there is a fella called jamie who lives not to far away albeit on the mainland- is it near scrabster that he lives? anyway he sometime comes down south so you might hitch a lift with him sometime?

fancy the st andrews run, you doing it this year?

Back