Blackmount/Glen Etive - Sat24/Sun25 APRIL AFTERMAaaa.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Panda

PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
ROUTE MAP :cool:

etivemap.jpg

Woolly Itinery

Saturday 24th April

10:30am - All assemble at car park beside Bridge of Orchy Hotel. Easily visible from the A82. Most of you will be travelling northwards at that point so pass the "Glen Orchy" turn off on the left and approx 400m later you'll see the car park immediately before hotel on LHS. If you don't see it you shouldn't be behind the wheel of a car.

11:00am - Depart BofO for gentle bimble across Rannoch Moor to Kingshouse Hotel, Glencoe.

1:00pm - Arrive Kingsouse. Lunch with good beer and food.

2:30pm - Depart Kingshouse, split into two parties.

Daytrippers return to BofO, arriving approx 4:30pm (choice of camping beside Kingshouse and BofO Hotels if desired)

Bothyers travel down Glen Etive to road end and continue as follows:

3:30pm - Arrive head of Loch Etive and start off-road section. Most demanding section is here with some walk/pushing (so don't carry too much gear!)

6:00pm approx - Arrive at bothy. R&R

Sunday 25th April
8:00 - 8:15am - Depart bothy

9:00am - boat across the sea

9:30am X/C from Taynuilt Pier to Armaddy

11:00am - X/C from Armaddy through the wilds of Glen Kinglass

2:30pm approx - return to BofO Hotel. Exact timings will vary depending on weather and river crossings Only one river crossing which could be tricky, approx 8 miles from BofO. Will know severity of that before we go

Expect wet feet and tired legs at the very least

(and sore back, wrists, piles and so on)

Enjoy!

I'm easy too, location wise I love it up that bit :cool: The remoter the better.

Also don't mind, bothy virgin here so would like to give it a try. Never been hit in the face by a bat either although less keen to try that though - can we avoid bat season? :)

"Nice crisp frost and sun overhead please"

Yes please, but with no wind and a smattering of snow. I'm looking at doing as much as possible next year - budget and family depending.

Don't worry velo, I'm sure jimi will bring his duvet again, you can share with him. If we get firewood delivered then it should be pretty toasty really.

Hmmm, one way or the other, it look's like I'm going to have to invest in some proper camping gear for next year. Any recommendations from the Massive re: sleeping bags and tents? Ideally lightweight and bike friendly, rather than some muckle big stuff that I just unload from the boot of the car.

Spend the dough on the sleeping bag and get a season above what you think you need. Tent wise how often will you use it and for how long? Could get away with a bivi for real lightweight.

If its for camping at some of the events were going to the car stuff is the bawz, space and comfort and its not too dear either....I fear this may constitute OT chat :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back